The simFlight Network Forums

Moving aileron, elevators etc while in SLEW

SOFTWARE: FS2004 (NOT updated to 9.1) and FSUIPC 3.30 (maybe not needed?)

Hi all,

I'd need to move ailerons, elevators, rudder and other mobile surfaces while in SLEW mode.

I know programs like Wideview already provide something like that: wideview can control aircraft position and attitude, but does nothing with control surfaces.

I tried via FSUIPC in different ways:

- writing to 0BB2, 0BB4, 0BB6offsets, but surfaces don't move

- writing to 2E98, 2EA8, 2EB8 offsets and something runs with rudder and elevators, but only the left aileron moves (I tried different aircrafts)

So, any tips?

Or is it possible to do it with a special gauge? Something that gets control values from custom UDP packets and writes simulation variables?

Have you looked at the FS controls list? I seems to recall that those can be used to change control surfaces as they take a parameter. Some allow incremental change mimicing the keyboard. The list is in the FSUIPC SDK - they are all driven through one offset

Hi,

I tried with RUDDER_CENTER, RUDDER_RIGHT and RUDDER_LEFT controls.

They do not operate in SLEW - it seems that FS or FSUIPC enque such controls settings while in SLEW, because if you disable SLEW you'll see all of your sent controls to be executed all at once!

Thankyou for your try, however!

• 2 weeks later...
Writing to 2E98, 2EA8, 2EB8 offsets while in SLEW, something moves: rudder and elevators, by example, but with ailerons only the left one moves (I tried different aircrafts). Any tips for right aileron??

Interesting that those values are obeyed in slew mode at all. That's quite a surprise.

As for ailerons, I really don't understand why you can move the left one but not the right -- can you move it both up and down with different signed values?

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
Writing to 2E98, 2EA8, 2EB8 offsets while in SLEW, something moves: rudder and elevators, by example, but with ailerons only the left one moves (I tried different aircrafts). Any tips for right aileron??

Interesting that those values are obeyed in slew mode at all. That's quite a surprise.

As for ailerons, I really don't understand why you can move the left one but not the right -- can you move it both up and down with different signed values?

Pete

I'm seeing the same behavior. I am able to move both up and down with different values, but only the left aileron moves. FS2004, v 9.1, FSUIPC 3.48 (via WideFS).

Steve Cohan