The simFlight Network Forums

Poblems with Squawk Box

Guest Jigarciar

Guest Jigarciar

Dear Peter:

I have been flying with Vatsim since long time ago. I changed my PC to Win XP and re-installed FS2002 and the latest SB version; also, I have at this moment FSUIPC V2.975.

Since that operating system change, I have been between an ATC/Pilot trouble, because what really appears on my FS, it's not appearing on the controller's radar screen; I mean, if I am at KATL, I'm appearing on the screen at a different location, usually like 40 NM away from my REAL position; I re-installed FSUIPC, SB and FS2002 and I'm still having the problem; maybe it is a special setting of the FSUIPC that I have not discovered yet; may be you can give an advice.

Thank you very much,

Since that operating system change, I have been between an ATC/Pilot trouble, because what really appears on my FS, it's not appearing on the controller's radar screen; I mean, if I am at KATL, I'm appearing on the screen at a different location, usually like 40 NM away from my REAL position; I re-installed FSUIPC, SB and FS2002 and I'm still having the problem; maybe it is a special setting of the FSUIPC that I have not discovered yet; may be you can give an advice.

Sorry, there is no setting nor facility in FSUIPC to lie about your position to anything. FSUIPC does not touch, interfere with or otherwise mutilate positional information. It only provides a window to where FS deposits it.

It sounds like something is going wrong on the Squawkbox or Multiplayer side of things -- in fact doesn't SB deliver MP data through the Internet, not data read from FSUIPC? Multiplayer is nothing to do with FSUIPC and vice versa.

Maybe in transferring things over you got Squawkbox using an older MP protocol (I believe it changed in FS2002?).

Regards,

Pete