The simFlight Network Forums

AUTO Save Stutters in FS 2004

Hi

I have an issue when I install AUTO Save 1.5.0 with FS2004 V9.1, as soon as I install the dll into the modules folder I get a stutter in FS when flying roughly every 17 seconds then another 2 seconds after in a continuos loop, as soon as I remove the DLL all is well again, any body seen this issue

Regards

Wayne

I have an issue when I install AUTO Save 1.5.0 with FS2004 V9.1, as soon as I install the dll into the modules folder I get a stutter in FS when flying roughly every 17 seconds then another 2 seconds after in a continuos loop, as soon as I remove the DLL all is well again, any body seen this issue

What is the AutoSave.CFG file set to do? i.e. how often is it saving files? Is it 17 seconds or so? Sounds rather frequent.

Are you running an aircraft which saves its own files too, whenever AutoSave does? For instance, the PSS Concorde does this. I've no other way of accounting for two pauses with 2 seconds between.

If saving Flights causes a noticeable stutter then one or more of the following are true:

1. The hard disk partition containing your "My Documents" folder is getting full.

2. The disk is very fragmented.

3. Windows write caching is disabled.

4. You are rather short on real memory.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for your response, I cant explain why it does it, even with a vanilla install of FS2004 as soon as I drop the autosave DLL in even using the standard autosave.cfg I get stutters, definently not a system resource issue as I have new 200 Gig Sata 1 Gig Ram P4 3 Gig New Asus Motherboard, all else runs well, write cache is enabled and drive does not need defragmenting. I will just play around a bit, thanks anyway

Regards

Wayne

Thanks for your response, I cant explain why it does it, even with a vanilla install of FS2004 as soon as I drop the autosave DLL in even using the standard autosave.cfg I get stutters.

That's weird then. There's no 17+2 second cycle in AutoSave. It simply wakes up at the interval specified in the CFG file and calls a procedure in FS which saves the flight. It's been virtually unchanged since FS2000 days and I've not heard of any stutter problems with it before. Sorry, I don't understand what is happening there.

Pete