The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick buttons programmed for pre-defined views?

I've got a rocker on my yoke that I'd like to program to switch between VC and Spot views. I rarely if ever use the others with the exception of aircraft that require a 2D panel on load, and I can set a default flight to do that for them. My question is, using my registered FSUIPC can I program the buttons to jump directly to VC/spot views? I see the view mode can be set, and there are params that can be assigned, but I'm unsure of whether this is the command I'd use, and the proper syntax for the views I'd like to program. Is this possible?

thanks,

I've got a rocker on my yoke that I'd like to program to switch between VC and Spot views. I rarely if ever use the others with the exception of aircraft that require a 2D panel on load, and I can set a default flight to do that for them. My question is, using my registered FSUIPC can I program the buttons to jump directly to VC/spot views? I see the view mode can be set, and there are params that can be assigned, but I'm unsure of whether this is the command I'd use, and the proper syntax for the views I'd like to program. Is this possible?

I think the "View1 mode set" control should work. The parameters go like this (I think):

1 = cockpit

2 = virtual cockpit

3 = tower

4 = spot

Regards,

Pete

• 8 months later...

Hi Pete,

someone on AVSIM just informed me about this feature and now I found it in the forum here. I've been looking for a way to do this fo ages.

I'm just wondering if this is really undocumented in any of the FSUIPC docs (I've searched them all) and now I am also wondering if there are other hidden gems like that.

Is this really undocumented except for this forum post or is this something that can maybe be found in the FS SDK or some other place I should know about ?

Thanks,

Matthias

(aka Subotai, but I can't reactivate that account name)

I'm just wondering if this is really undocumented in any of the FSUIPC docs (I've searched them all) and now I am also wondering if there are other hidden gems like that.

All of the things FS does for you from key presses involve what I call "FS controls" (but which gauge writers know as KEY EVENTS). I include a list of them with FSUIPC -- it's in the Zip if you look. I am afraid I have never had time to check them all and document them. But they are there to try. Some won't work and some won't do what you think they will -- this comes from MS changing their minds or hooking things up differently. it's the price paid for using stuff MS don't document. But all those with an "AXIS" or a "SET" in the name will take a parameter, some of the others might but most don't.

You can also use FSUIPC to discover the FS Control name for any FS assigned button or keypress -- simply turn on Controls logging (in the FSUIPC Logging page) and look at the log. There are separate options for axis controls and others.

Regards

Pete