The simFlight Network Forums

I NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING WIDE FS BEFORE I BUY??

ok so my question is will wide fs run ultimate traffic from a diffrent computer (computer #2), and send it to my main computer lets say cpu #1, and if so which computer will be doing the texture loading for the ai aircraft will it be cpu #1 or #2. My concern is fps, when i set my traffic slider to 0 I get double the fps, and having traffic controlled on a seperate cpu will I guess increase my fps, and also how does wide fs control active sky weather, also could that be done seperatly on a diffrent cpu?? MY main goal is to get a performance increase. Ultimate traffic and active sky weather slow down my cpu by 100% will wide fs with fsuipc regain atleast 25% of that loss????? THANK YOU FOR VIEWING

ok so what will wide fs do with active sky weather on cpu #2 will it just load the weather reports and send it to cpu#1 for the weather generation and and the texture creation for the clouds, or does it actually load the weather reports, generate the weather, create the textures for the weather generated, and then send it to cpu #1??

ok so what will wide fs do with active sky weather on cpu #2 will it just load the weather reports and send it to cpu#1 for the weather generation and and the texture creation for the clouds, or does it actually load the weather reports, generate the weather, create the textures for the weather generated, and then send it to cpu #1??

All WideFS provides is simply a Network copy of the FSUIPC interface. The FSUIPC interface is used by programs to extract information FROM Fs and input information TO FS. That includes all the weather data which ActiveSky downloads and processes, but it does not include actual graphics, aircraft, cockpit panels, scenery, or anything that has to be installed INTO FS. In particular, cloud textures go into FS's textures folders and are only picked up by the weather system in FS based on codes (for cloud type, height, and so on) in the weather data, which can be sent via WideFS as it is part of the FSUIPC interface used by ActiveSky.

To put it another way, if you don't know what you want WideFS for, I don't think you want WideFS. Please do not pay for it just because it looks interesting. It is a solution to specific requirements. If you have those requirements you will know you need it.

If it is still not clear, tell me what you want to achieve and I will tell you if WideFS can help or not. Okay?

Regards,

Pete