The simFlight Network Forums

Help, CH throttle driving me crazy!

I finally got the reversers to work, but now FSUIPC doesn't seem to want to see my 2 mixture axis' at all. And the prop axis' I assigned also in FS9 only work when my engines are off. When I turn them on and move the throttles forward, the 2 prop axis' I assigned stay at full and will not move. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks

-Alex

I finally got the reversers to work, but now FSUIPC doesn't seem to want to see my 2 mixture axis' at all. And the prop axis' I assigned also in FS9 only work when my engines are off. When I turn them on and move the throttles forward, the 2 prop axis' I assigned stay at full and will not move. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks

FSUIPC really does NOT deal with the axes themselves. It deals with the Axis controls which FS generates as a result of access value changes. You can actually log these in FSUIPC's logging page.

The most likely thing that's wrong is the sensitivity setting in FS. Go to Options-Controls-Sensitivity and check. FS2004 in particular seems to have a tendency to reset certain axes to zero sensitivity (= 'dead') for reasons of its own.

Until the axes work reasonably well in FS, there's little point in calibrating them or chaging them in FSUIPC -- it only gets passed what FS would use in any case. It is those values which you then 'manipulate' with more precise calibrations, sloping responses, filtering or reversing.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you for the response. What's weird is I have it all setup in FS, the sensitivities are full right and the dead zone is full left. I can assign the axis and FS sees it and accepts it. But when I start fsuipc and try to test and set the mixture and prop axis, only the prop works? Maybe it has something to do with the deadzone numbers and such that had to be changed for the throttle reversers to work to 240. I'll try tonight again.

Thank you for the response. What's weird is I have it all setup in FS, the sensitivities are full right and the dead zone is full left. I can assign the axis and FS sees it and accepts it. But when I start fsuipc and try to test and set the mixture and prop axis, only the prop works?

Have you calibrated the reverser (or 4 separate reversers) in FSUIPC? By default they use (steal) the mixture axis (axes). There are options for having this only apply when you have a jet aircraft loaded. Perhaps you need to set that option?

Regards,

Pete

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks again for the replies. I finally got it with your help. The main thing is, if you don't set the detent to 240 using the ch control manager, FS will thing the throttles are fully back when you set them at the detent using the default 255 value!

The main thing is, if you don't set the detent to 240 using the ch control manager, FS will thing the throttles are fully back when you set them at the detent using the default 255 value!

I see. Isn't that somethong covered by Bob Church's helpful docs in http://www.stickworks.com? (Look for his CMNOTE02.ZIP).

Regards

Pete