The simFlight Network Forums

~e5d141.tmp

This may be a long shot, but I have recently installed the registered version of FSUIPC and have noticed that I have an additional process running in my task manager when fs2004 is running.

The process is called ~e5d141.tmp, when I try to end the process, fs2004 shuts down immediatly. Is this process in anyway associated with FSUIPC, if not, does anyone know what it is or how to get rid of it?? It seems to be hurting my fs2004 performance.

Thanks!

This may be a long shot, but I have recently installed the registered version of FSUIPC and have noticed that I have an additional process running in my task manager when fs2004 is running.

The process is called ~e5d141.tmp, when I try to end the process, fs2004 shuts down immediatly. Is this process in anyway associated with FSUIPC, if not, does anyone know what it is or how to get rid of it?? It seems to be hurting my fs2004 performance.

It is nothing to do with FSUIPC, as you can see by simply removing FSUIPC from the modules folder and trying again.

It is part of the CD and anti-piracy protection build into FS2004. As well as the disk copy check they build in, they detect and stop debugging programs attempting to get inside the running code.

At least that certainly appears to be the function. The "no CD" hacked version which has been circulated does not create that process.

Regards,

Pete