The simFlight Network Forums

Please Help

I want to run my TCAS's and Radar's, but I need FSUIPC, I cant afford to buy the version 3 (its sad I know, but being a kid is tough) where can I get a copy of version 2.83-2.975??

I don't supply any old versions, let alone version 2 (which won't run on FS2004 BTW).

In any case, you do not need to pay for FSUIPC to run applications. Freeware programs have free access, payware programs normally have a license. You pay only if you want to make use of all of the extra user facilities.

Please download Version 3 and read the User document, or at least browse it. Maybe you'll then see how the scheme works a bit better. FSUIPC never went truly payware at all -- the original FS6IPC function (developed for FS95 and FS98) still operates in FSUIPC on the original principles, it just offers more powerful application facilities year by year.

Regards,

Pete

Alright then, If I dont need to pay for FSUIPC for it to work, can you help me? I read the User guide and am still confuzzled. Im using Kirk Olsson's F-16 with Eric Marciano's panel (with the radar). I put the .dll in the Modules and thats as far as I got, I really want to get the radar working and its killing me because normaly Im a wiz at these things but am new to FSUIPC

Im using Kirk Olsson's F-16 with Eric Marciano's panel (with the radar). I put the .dll in the Modules and thats as far as I got, I really want to get the radar working and its killing me because normaly Im a wiz at these things but am new to FSUIPC

It is really Eric's job to support his software. He could, if he wished, change his code and build in the key so that his users don't have any hassle. Most freeware authors do. Then FSUIPC remains pretty much invisible to them and it all works smoothly.

For those who don't, you have to enter the key manually. Look near the top of this forum for the Freeware Keys list. That gauge is there. In FS, go to FSUIPC options (Modules menu, FSUIPC), find the "register an application" button (bottom right), click it, enter the name (F16.gau) and the key.

If you still have problems and Eric won't help I suggest you find a freeware TCAS gauge which does do it automatically, such as those by Lee Hetherington (ILH ...).

Sorry but I cannot really undertake to support users of all programs which use FSUIPC. I don't even know most of them.

Regards,

Pete

Alrighty then, thanks any way. Update on the little error message that pops up, it says it is not supported with a unregistered copy....darn, now I got to scratch enough money to pay....do you know how to convert euros into dollars??

Update on the little error message that pops up, it says it is not supported with a unregistered copy

Does it? Even with the name and key entered correctly? The FSUIPC.LOG file (also in the FS Modules folder) is a text file and may contain messages indicating what exactly is not functional -- maybe there's another part of that panel which needs registration?

do you know how to convert euros into dollars??

Last time I checked 1 US$ = 0.777 Euros, 1 Euro = 1.286 US$. At least you don't have to pay the V.A.T. on top if you are outside Europe! :wink:

Regards,

Pete

Believe me, if you can save up the money, it's well worth it to buy the registered copy of FSUIPC. I bought it and WideFS and can say without a doubt they're the best FS related purchases I've ever made. It's nice buying software that works right the first time and installs easily. :)

KP

I dont know when this roller coaster of bad and good news is gunna end! I found eric's website, and he had the code for the radar to work, YAY, but now I realize that the code is only good for versions under 3.....and I havent got a clue to where to get a older version....damn, this is beginning to not be worth it...

I dont know when this roller coaster of bad and good news is gunna end! I found eric's website, and he had the code for the radar to work, YAY, but now I realize that the code is only good for versions under 3.

Versions "under 3" never needed a "code" (I assume here you mean 'key'), so that cannot be right. Registration was not introduced till version 3 of FSUIPC.

The keys for Version 3 apply to ALL version 3's, from 3.00 in July 2003 to 3.48 now. The key for that gauge is listed in the freeware keys list in this Forum in any case, as I said before. You seem to be getting yourself rather confused -- please review the earlier messages.

Regards,

Pete