The simFlight Network Forums

LNAV and VNAV buttons in CH Throttle Quad

Hi Pete

I am trying to set the throttle quad buttons to VNAV and LNAV using FSUIPC reg version, but when trying to assign a command for a keystroke, i cant see VNAV or LNAV in the optiond to choose from. Are they under another name or is there another wayto assign the command ? I have at present in FS2004 main commands assigned the V key and the L key to that function on the PMDG and the LDS767.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Doug

but when trying to assign a command for a keystroke, i cant see VNAV or LNAV in the optiond to choose from. Are they under another name or is there another wayto assign the command ?

There are no such functions in FS. Some add-on aircraft may have them, and certainly Project Magenta does, but they've never been part of any version of FS itself.

I have at present in FS2004 main commands assigned the V key and the L key to that function on the PMDG and the LDS767.

You couldn't have done that in FS's assignments. The PMDG software provides its own assignments facility. You must have used that. The PMDG software is better than many add-on aircraft panels in that it allows keyboard assignments -- with some you can only use the mouse! Presumably the LDS767 also has a keyboard assignment facility -- the 767PIC product did too.

Regards,

Pete

Doug,

I take it you are using the V-key or L-key to choose VNAV or LNAV at the moment right? You could try to program the buttons you want to use to send a V-keypress or an L-keypress.

Regards,

Frank