The simFlight Network Forums

When I save flights within FS9 with the "save as" function all data of my Level-D 767 is saved. With the use of "AutoSave" no data of the fmc and mcp is saved. Why? Insn't it a "real" save?

Unfortunately MSFS is the only Microsoft application - I know - without save-function and only "save as"....

I know, that there are aircrafts out with no saved mcp data, when you save the flight within FS9 with "save as", but for Level-D...

Frank

When I save flights within FS9 with the "save as" function all data of my Level-D 767 is saved. With the use of "AutoSave" no data of the fmc and mcp is saved. Why? Insn't it a "real" save?

What's a "real" save? For add-ons to save files with their data when FS saves the main files, they have to detect this and do their part as well. The only "real" save in FS is the one MS provided.

AutoSave calls the same routine in FS as you do when you press the ";" shortcut key and enter a name. All it is doing is choosing the name automatically.

Other aircraft makers such as PSS certainly implement their saved files so they work -- their data files are saved when they see an FS flight being saved. AutoSave even manages the saved files for the PSS Concorde, provided it's the latest version, by deleting those when it deletes its own.

If the Level D 767 doesn't detect these types of saves then I don't know how they are doing it, but whichever way it isn't the standard way and evidently isn't the best either from this point of view. I'm afraid you will have to seek further advice or support from them.

Regards,

Pete

What's a "real" save?

AutoSave calls the same routine in FS as you do when you press the ";" shortcut key and enter a name. All it is doing is choosing the name automatically.

What did I write and ask, Pete? Same thing! I don't want to make bad your software. I only want to know, whether your software does the described workaround. I think, you understand very well my meaning of "real save" after reading my posting. Therefore your question is obsolete.

Sorrily you misunderstood my question and now I will ask Level-D, because now I know 100%, how your appclication works. Now, it's the time to ask Level-D, why saving works very well, when I do the steps with my hand and in an other way, when the same steps are executed by an application, like your "AutoSave".

Thanks for the facts in your answer.

Regards,

Frank

What did I write and ask, Pete? Same thing!

Sorry, I don't understand? I was only trying to explain.

I only want to know, whether your software does the described workaround.

Sorry, I still don't understand. What work-around? What is there to work-around? It's all pretty straight forward. There's no need for any work-around.

I think, you understand very well my meaning of "real save" after reading my posting. Therefore your question is obsolete.

Sorry I seem to have upset you somehow. I didn't understand your "real" adjective at all applied to this so I tried to explain what AutoSave does. For all I know you had some level D save in mind when you used that description.

Sorrily you misunderstood my question

Oh. Did I misunderstand it that much that you didn't get the answer you needed? Apologies, if so.

Regards,

Pete

Okay, I think it's a liitle bit off topic. Since I like your application "FSUIPC" very much and I think it is a must have for all serious simmer, I will explain it for you very slowly and for understandability without any quotes.

When you consider MS-Applications you can see two things: "save" and "save as". I think, you are agree with me.

When you consider FSMS (also a MS application) you see only a "save as" possibility. I think, you are agree with me, too.

I don't want speculate, why MS did it in such a manner. I consider the facts only. The only way is to ask MS, why they handle MSFS other than all other applications I know from MS.

Your application use no workaround, because the saved name all times is other than before. My failure. But when I want to save my flight by hand a second time with the same name, I have to do a workaround with "save as". Therefore I wrote "real save" and I think everyone, who want understand this, can understand this at the latest after this posting.

Once more, I don't want to make your software bad. It is the thing, I searched for. Furthermore I think, there is no other way to do it. I will ask LEVEL-D, why your software don't work which such a great plane and why saving works superbe, when I do the steps by hand.

I hope, I could help you. I did my very best.

Again, thanks for the facts in your second to last posting.

Regards,

Frank

Oh, right. So a real save is a "Save As". Thank you.

Pete

Oh, right. But, there is a difference in handling for the users between "save" and "save as". You must not be a computer scientist like me to understand this in the case of you want this at all.

Frank

Your rudeness is uncalled for. You can climb back under your rock at any time.

Nobody called you, good boy. Therefore go back under Your rock until someone will call you.

Okay, this is rough, but you called for with your unasked roughness. Never I was rough with Pete - just precise. Misunderstanding is the right word. But now, there is no misunderstanding anymore. Therefore your stupid posting is obsolete.

I hope that helps,

Frank