The simFlight Network Forums

Refresh Scenery control

Hello Pete !

Some Info:

I proceed quite well with my commercial product. As well the market seams interested. I still have one main problem to find someone to solve the FS Multiplayer interface or do it my self. But the product can live without the fully Multiplayer option.

Question:

It's an other small issue but for the user could be quite enoying when select a new location in FS.

If I via FSUIPC change the time a lot (e.g. offset 023B Hour of Zulu time in FS) the message-window [Loading scenery... Loading Trafic...] appear and all is fine.

But when I complete change location (i.e. move to a complete new location in the world via "offset 0560 Latitude of aircraft in FS units." and "offset 0568 Longitude of aircraft in FS format"), I want the message-window [Loading scenery... Loading Trafic...] pop up, but it doesn't. Instead the aircraft seams fly to the new location in 100000 knots, jumping around at the new location with just part of the scenery.

I did ask you this before.

If you move the aircraft so far to cause that you need to send a Refresh Scenery control afterwards. It will then load the scenery -- you see the scenery loading bar on the screen.

But later I did never find how to "send a Refresh Scenery control".

How do I perform this, is it writing to an offset in FSUIPC ?

Reference: FS2004, FSUIPC Version 3.48 and FSUIPC for Programmers 4 March 2005.

Thanks !

But later I did never find how to "send a Refresh Scenery control".

How do I perform this, is it writing to an offset in FSUIPC ?

Yes, exactly. You can send ANY of the FS controls (and any of the FSUIPC added controls except the offset-writing ones, which of course aren't needed) by writing the control number, and parameter if needed, at offset 3110. Please look it up.

For the numbers of the FS controls check the List of FS controls provided with FSUIPC, and also available separately at the http://www.schiratti.com/dowson site. For the numbers of FSUIPC-added controls see the Advanced User's document in the FSUIPC package.

Regards,

Pete

:oops: I've complete missing the document included in the product FSUIPC, but only look SDK pack.

There is a hole lot of FS commands in the doc :shock: . I've only tried control by writing to other offset as in the SDK-doc.

Thanks and Regards !