The simFlight Network Forums

Error message with Gauge - FSUIPC Related.

forgive me for being short and probably with a very stupid question that has been asked many times. im not an FSUIPC user, nor have i ever lookingd into the gauge, as im not a technical type, i just prefer to get up in the aircraft.

First off i must point out thati run FS9.1, with the PMDG 737 (version 1.3) , and updated version of FSUIPC (3.4.5.0) to work with FS9.1

the problem comes in that according to ken mitchells 757 panel, when i click on the radar button, to open the TCAS/ radar type thing my FSUIPC is not 'accredited' (see error below) and therefore refuses to run. i thought this was impossible, as i have a lisenced copy of FSUIPC through PMDG, thus, according to them allowing me to use this. no such errors arrive when i open the PMDG panel windows, meaning that it must have given it the OK.

Way back last year, i used to run to Kirk Olssen's F-16, that used the same radar/TCAS gauge that Eric Marciano created. back then, no probablems arrived. ( i was also using the default version of FSUIPC that comes with PMDG 737, and FS9.)

all i really want to do is iliminate the error, and to get the TCAS/Radar gauge to work (as without the FSUIPC it will not). i have also found (within the FS2004/moduals folder) a file called 'FSUIPC' subtitled 'registration entries'. whe i click on this a message pops up saying "do you want to add the info in (path to file) to the register. i have not clicked on it in case something goes wrong.

Has anyone got the same problem?

Any help appreciated.

Fred 'mulletman' Clark.

post-12229-128689193921_thumb.jpg

I doubt that PMDG comes with a registred FSUIPC - however I am pretty sure it will install FSUIPC if its not allready on the PC (however un-registred) and since PMDG has come to an agreement with Peter its able to work with an un-registred version of FSUIPC.

The un-registred version of FSUIPC will only work with software that "provides a valid key" (e.g. PMDG or other software with accredited keys). If no such key is found you can only use it with the registred version of FSUIPC (and that would generate an error like the one you are seeing).

Pelle

First off i must point out thati run FS9.1, with the PMDG 737 (version 1.3) , and updated version of FSUIPC (3.4.5.0) to work with FS9.1

Version 3.45 is pretty old now and not supported. Please go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson and get the current user release, 3.48. There's a list of supported versions near the top of this Forum.

according to ken mitchells 757 panel, when i click on the radar button, to open the TCAS/ radar type thing my FSUIPC is not 'accredited' (see error below) and therefore refuses to run.

It doesn't say FSUIPC is not accredited. Read what it actually says -- "one or more programs you are using is not accredited". See the difference? And the only thing which will "refuse to run" is the TCAS in this panel.

i thought this was impossible, as i have a lisenced copy of FSUIPC through PMDG

It isn't FSUIPC that is licensed, it is the PMDG aircraft which is licensed to use an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. As with the message you showed, you have it back to front.

no such errors arrive when i open the PMDG panel windows, meaning that it must have given it the OK.

Yes, it is okay for PMDG aircraft, and some other payware aircraft who have licensed use of FSUIPC. It isn't okay for other unlicensed payware.

For much freeware there are free access keys, either built in (in which case you wouldn't get the problem), or which you have to enter yourself (for old unsupported gauges such as those from Eric Marciano -- possibly your 757 is using one of those). This is why I provide a list of Freeware keys in this forum. Go look, above.

To find the name of the gauge which needs a key look inside the FSUIPC LOG file (in the FS modules folder) after you get the error.

If you never want any such error reports again consider paying for a user registration for FSUIPC. This bypasses all these accreditation checks and also gives you a large number of useful facilities. Check the FSUIPC user documentation in the ZIP when you download the 3.48 update.

Regards,

Pete

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.48 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

1984 System time = 11:08:33

1984 C:\Games And Simulations\Flight Simulator 9\

1984 System time = 11:08:33, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

4797 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

4828 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

5015 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

8343 Module [M1] identified = "PMDGOptions.DLL"

8343 Module [M1] "PMDGOptions.DLL" access registration is okay

10250 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

21031 AIRCRAFT\DL posky_757-200_all\B757-200-RR-RB211-535E4B-Winglet.air

21265 Aircraft="Boeing House livery B757-200 Winglet"

27265 C:\Documents and Settings\Fred Clark\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

28234 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

48140 Traffic File #19 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528"

50140 Module [M2] identified = "CPT.F16.GAU"

50140 Illegal read attempt: offset F000, size 2 [P-2]

50140Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

60781 ### IPC Message processed in 10641mSecs ###

60781 Module [M2] identified = "CPT.F16.GAU"

60781 Illegal read attempt: offset F002, size 2 [P-2]

60781Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

79812 C:\Documents and Settings\Fred Clark\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

81218 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

88562 System time = 11:09:59, FS2004 time = 11:08:37 (18:08Z)

88562 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 317 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ****

i understand the error now, thankyou for clearing that up. here is a copy of the log file from the new FSUIPC i downloaded, when i load it up. as far as i can see the error comes from the CPT.F16.gau. i am unaware if you have ever come across this before.

I presume the key for this was the following:

F16.gau by Eric Marciano

KEY = DSVT JE5S 6DUO

however i am not sure. i am also unsure of where to put this code, as, as i said, i am no gauge or programme writer.

i appreciate your time on this matter, and am sorry for being a nuicence. :oops:

i understand the error now, thankyou for clearing that up. here is a copy of the log file from the new FSUIPC i downloaded, when i load it up. as far as i can see the error comes from the CPT.F16.gau. i am unaware if you have ever come across this before.

No, I do not know that one.

I presume the key for this was the following:
F16.gau by Eric Marciano

KEY = DSVT JE5S 6DUO

No. That gauge is called F16.gau. The names need to match. Maybe you can find F16.gau and substitute it, or, better, look for a TCAS gauge which has its keys built in for automatic access -- I think the Lee Hetherington ones do (ILH_TCAS or something like that?).

however i am not sure. i am also unsure of where to put this code, as, as i said, i am no gauge or programme writer.[\quote]

You shouldn't need to be. The keys are provided to the writers so that they can build them in and avoid all this hassle.

But once you have a gauge which does have a key, just go into FSUIPC options in FS (ALT M F), click the "Register an application" button (bottom right), then enter the full gauge name (including the .gau part) and the Key in the spaces provided.

The name and the key must match though, You won't be able to do this with this CPT.F16 gauge. I have never heard of it. Check with the panel maker -- if it is just the F16 one renamed you should be able to name it back again (but you'd also need to edit the PANEL.CFG file to match).

Regards,

Pete