The simFlight Network Forums

Help with button assignment / LDS767 +GoFlight MCP

I am not able to do the following, with the GoFlight MCP:

I want the HDG button on the Goflight MCP, to go into mode "Heading select" or "Heading Hold", by pressing it each time.

Upon starting the sim it is in HDG HOLD and as I press the button in flight , it goes into HDG SELECT mode, which is fine.

But, once under HGD SELECT mode, pressing it again, should bring me back to HDG HOLD.

That does not happen.

What I want is, each press of the HDG BUTTON on the GoFlight MCP to toggle between HDG SELECT and HDG HOLD (just as if clicking on the panel, which is also equivalent to CTRL-J and CTRL-H keys in LevelD767)

I tried by using GFKeys and assigning those values (CTRL-J and CTRL-H), but it does not work.

I must be doing something wrong, or it is not at all possible?

Help greatly appreciated!

Marcelo

Santiago, Chile

I

I want the HDG button on the Goflight MCP, to go into mode "Heading select" or "Heading Hold", by pressing it each time.

Default FS aircraft don't have both modes on the default MCP. Is the GoFlight MCP able to control the LDS767?

What I want is, each press of the HDG BUTTON on the GoFlight MCP to toggle between HDG SELECT and HDG HOLD (just as if clicking on the panel, which is also equivalent to CTRL-J and CTRL-H keys in LevelD767)

I tried by using GFKeys and assigning those values (CTRL-J and CTRL-H), but it does not work.

Sorry, I don't know GFKeys -- it is a product of GoFlight I think. Have you tried GoFlight support?

If you want to use FSUIPC button programming instead the two keypresses could be programmed for alternate button presses by using FSUIPC's button flags to switch between them. This would need editing in the FSUIPC.INI file and it uses faclilities described in the Advanced User's guide.

Regards,

Pete

Yes, the Go fLight MCP does work with the LDS 767

I posted on their web site, but to no avail.

Well, if you have a user-registered FSUIPC then you could try doing it via FSUIPC -- it is certainly possible to assign keystrokes for alternate presses, but as I said it isn't part of the "normal" assignment facilities and you'd need to refer to documentation.

Regards,

Pete