The simFlight Network Forums

Atc over headphones

Hi

Was wondering if anybody has managed to route ATC sound to a seperate sound card using esound.dll in FS2002?

I think that this would be done using a module trigger but not being a programmer myself it is rather confusing.

Am simply looking to route FS2002 ATC to my headphones using my second sound card.

Any Pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Brendan

:)

Hi

Was wondering if anybody has managed to route ATC sound to a seperate sound card using esound.dll in FS2002?

I think that this would be done using a module trigger but not being a programmer myself it is rather confusing.

Am simply looking to route FS2002 ATC to my headphones using my second sound card.

Any Pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Brendan

:)

I'd love to find a way to do that. In FS98 I was able to separate off the ADVenture sounds (Adventures then being used for ATC), which is why I wrote ESOUND.DLL, but I could never figure out how to do than in FS2000 or FS2002. I supsect things are even more complex with the FS2002 ATC itself.

This is one of the reasons why I use Radar Contact Version 3, running on a separate PC via WideFS.

Regards,

Pete

I'd love to find a way to do that. In FS98 I was able to separate off the ADVenture sounds (Adventures then being used for ATC), which is why I wrote ESOUND.DLL, but I could never figure out how to do than in FS2000 or FS2002. I supsect things are even more complex with the FS2002 ATC itself.

This is one of the reasons why I use Radar Contact Version 3, running on a separate PC via WideFS.

Regards,

Pete

Never found a way even with two boards. Of course in VATSIM Roger Wilco allows to route to the 2nd board. Sometime ago I asked in Radar Contact forum for this option. The problem is that the applications route the sound to the default board and don't list them.

José

Never found a way even with two boards. Of course in VATSIM Roger Wilco allows to route to the 2nd board. Sometime ago I asked in Radar Contact forum for this option. The problem is that the applications route the sound to the default board and don't list them.

José

Never found a way even with two boards. Of course in VATSIM Roger Wilco allows to route to the 2nd board. Sometime ago I asked in Radar Contact forum for this option. The problem is that the applications route the sound to the default board and don't list them

Once the app has opened the sound resource it doesn't change it. You can load up FS then when it is ready, change the default sound device and load up Radar Contact, or whatever. I've done this sort of thing before now, but these days just use another PC, it's easier!

Pete

Never found a way even with two boards. Of course in VATSIM Roger Wilco allows to route to the 2nd board. Sometime ago I asked in Radar Contact forum for this option. The problem is that the applications route the sound to the default board and don't list them

Once the app has opened the sound resource it doesn't change it. You can load up FS then when it is ready, change the default sound device and load up Radar Contact, or whatever. I've done this sort of thing before now, but these days just use another PC, it's easier!

Pete

Nice tip didn't thought about that. Do you know if a simple hack on the registry do the trick? If it doesn't I have to do a small program to change the default board before launching RC3.

I don't know -- I suppose it must be in the registry. I just used to reselect the default in the Control Panel multimedia or sound applet (not sure which, probably mm).

Regards,

Pete

Nice tip didn't thought about that. Do you know if a simple hack on the registry do the trick? If it doesn't I have to do a small program to change the default board before launching RC3.

I don't know -- I suppose it must be in the registry. I just used to reselect the default in the Control Panel multimedia or sound applet (not sure which, probably mm).

Regards,

Pete