The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc/widefs

hello folks out there im just wondering if i loaded everthing correctly i put wideserver.dll and wideserver.ini in the flight sim folder on the server and then in the modules folder.

then on the client i put the wideclient.exe and wideclient.ini in a folder that i renamed, the question is where do i put the folder that i renamed. also in the install directions it says if you want put in the fs utillity folder, does that mean that you have to put a copy of fsuipc on the client also.

thanks .....Camtech

hello folks out there im just wondering if i loaded everthing correctly i put wideserver.dll and wideserver.ini in the flight sim folder on the server and then in the modules folder.

then on the client i put the wideclient.exe and wideclient.ini in a folder that i renamed, the question is where do i put the folder that i renamed. also in the install directions it says if you want put in the fs utillity folder, does that mean that you have to put a copy of fsuipc on the client also.

thanks .....Camtech

im just wondering if i loaded everthing correctly i put wideserver.dll and wideserver.ini in the flight sim folder on the server

Not just the "flight sim" folder, but the Modules folder inside that -- the same place that you put FSUIPC into (which is also needed in any case).

then on the client i put the wideclient.exe and wideclient.ini in a folder that i renamed

You can put the Client stuff where you like. I normally plonk it into the same folder as the Application I want to load. so, for instance, if it is FSMeteo and I have all the FSMeteo stuff in a folder "C:\FSMeteo", then I put WideClient in there, then edit the INI file to make WideClient load and close FSMeteo. THEN I drag a shortcut to WideClient.exe onto the desktop, name it "FSMeteo" and change its Icon to the FSMeteo Icon. that way, it looks like I'm starting FSMeteo, but in fact it runs Wideclient which in turn starts FSMeteo. With the parameters in the INI file you can even make FSMeteo load only when FS and the Server are ready.

also in the install directions it says if you want put in the fs utillity folder, does that mean that you have to put a copy of fsuipc on the client also.

No! The "FS utility" is the program you are wanting to run on the Client PC. FSUIPC is an FS module, not a separate program, and can only be loaded and run by FS.

Pete

im just wondering if i loaded everthing correctly i put wideserver.dll and wideserver.ini in the flight sim folder on the server

Not just the "flight sim" folder, but the Modules folder inside that -- the same place that you put FSUIPC into (which is also needed in any case).

then on the client i put the wideclient.exe and wideclient.ini in a folder that i renamed

You can put the Client stuff where you like. I normally plonk it into the same folder as the Application I want to load. so, for instance, if it is FSMeteo and I have all the FSMeteo stuff in a folder "C:\FSMeteo", then I put WideClient in there, then edit the INI file to make WideClient load and close FSMeteo. THEN I drag a shortcut to WideClient.exe onto the desktop, name it "FSMeteo" and change its Icon to the FSMeteo Icon. that way, it looks like I'm starting FSMeteo, but in fact it runs Wideclient which in turn starts FSMeteo. With the parameters in the INI file you can even make FSMeteo load only when FS and the Server are ready.

also in the install directions it says if you want put in the fs utillity folder, does that mean that you have to put a copy of fsuipc on the client also.

No! The "FS utility" is the program you are wanting to run on the Client PC. FSUIPC is an FS module, not a separate program, and can only be loaded and run by FS.

Pete