The simFlight Network Forums

Change Nd display via joustick

Hi

It is possible with the joustick button where is connected in the Server PC to change the display mode or the range of ND where run in client PC.

To be more specific.

1st Server PC

--------------

flight simulator

fsuipc

wideserver

also and a joustick

2nd Cliend PC

----------------

Project magenta software(class cockpit)

widecliend

Lets say we want to change the display of ND from rose mode to make it map mode.(in cliend Pc)

But must change it with Joustick button from server Pc via Fsuipc.

It is possible?

Sorry but my English is not so good.

Best Regards

Lambis

Greece

http://www.projectmagenta.com/~lambis777project/

Hi

It is possible with the joustick button where is connected in the Server PC to change the display mode or the range of ND where run in client PC.

To be more specific.

1st Server PC

--------------

flight simulator

fsuipc

wideserver

also and a joustick

2nd Cliend PC

----------------

Project magenta software(class cockpit)

widecliend

Lets say we want to change the display of ND from rose mode to make it map mode.(in cliend Pc)

But must change it with Joustick button from server Pc via Fsuipc.

It is possible?

Sorry but my English is not so good.

Best Regards

Lambis

Greece

http://www.projectmagenta.com/~lambis777project/

It is possible with the joustick button where is connected in the Server PC to change the display mode or the range of ND where run in client PCProject magenta software(class cockpit)

Yes. Use the Keys page in FSUIPC options. All of the available Project Magenta controls are listed in the drop-down, for assignment to joystick buttons as you like.

Pete

It is possible with the joustick button where is connected in the Server PC to change the display mode or the range of ND where run in client PCProject magenta software(class cockpit)

Yes. Use the Keys page in FSUIPC options. All of the available Project Magenta controls are listed in the drop-down, for assignment to joystick buttons as you like.

Pete

Pete wrote:

Yes. Use the Keys page in FSUIPC options. All of the available Project Magenta controls are listed in the drop-down, for assignment to joystick buttons as you like

I try it but the nd display don`t respond.

the fsuipc and flight sim is on server pc

and the class cockpit is in the cliend pc.

i try and with keys page and with buttons pages without success.

Please any help welcome!!!

Best Regards

Lambis

Pete wrote:

Yes. Use the Keys page in FSUIPC options. All of the available Project Magenta controls are listed in the drop-down, for assignment to joystick buttons as you like

i try and with keys page and with buttons pages without success.

Please any help welcome!!!

Best Regards

Lambis

Guest 737SimGuy

A couple things to check:

1. If you are using MCP then the ND commands must be handled through MCP, not GC. Select the "PM MCP..." commands in FSUIPC.

2. Be sure in MCP.INI that "DisableRemoteMCP=Off".

James

Guest 737SimGuy

A couple things to check:

1. If you are using MCP then the ND commands must be handled through MCP, not GC. Select the "PM MCP..." commands in FSUIPC.

2. Be sure in MCP.INI that "DisableRemoteMCP=Off".

James

That's fine. I run the Glass Cockpit on one Client and the MCP and FMS on another. Where are you running the MCP? That is needed, as it is the MCP which includes all the processing for the PM commands. If the MCP isn't running then none of those PM controls will work as far as I know.

If you are not using an MCP I think your only recourse is to use the KeySend facilities in FSUIPC, and program the KeySends to send keystrokes to the ND in the Client.

Really Project Magenta support is the better place to sort this out, as it is a PM matter. All I do is provide the tools to program the commands it uses. What it then does is up to Enrico Schiratti.

Pete

That's fine. I run the Glass Cockpit on one Client and the MCP and FMS on another. Where are you running the MCP? That is needed, as it is the MCP which includes all the processing for the PM commands. If the MCP isn't running then none of those PM controls will work as far as I know.

If you are not using an MCP I think your only recourse is to use the KeySend facilities in FSUIPC, and program the KeySends to send keystrokes to the ND in the Client.

Really Project Magenta support is the better place to sort this out, as it is a PM matter. All I do is provide the tools to program the commands it uses. What it then does is up to Enrico Schiratti.

Pete

• 11 months later...

Hallo,

i have also a Problem with assigning Buttons to the PM-Mode/Range Control.

example:

I assign a Joystick Button to the Function "Mode ARC".

All is good,the ND switches to ARC.

But when i assign the Button to the Function "Mode DECR" or "MODE INCR" -the same with the Range- , it happens NOTHING :shock:

Another Question:

Is it possible to control the MCDU through FSUIPC?

I mean NOT the Function Keys, i mean the A-Z,1-0 Keys.

I have built a Hardware-MCDU with Joystick-Controllers.

Assigning the Keys with A-Z,1-0 is no Problem with FSUIPC,

but how can i assign it to the PM-MCDU?

At this time i use the HW-MCDU to control the MS-GPS,

to enter the ICAO-Codes.

There is no Problem. :)

The Problem is the Link to the PM-MCDU.

I must say, i have only one PC,no Network.

Thanks for any answer

Greets

Thomas

i have also a Problem with assigning Buttons to the PM-Mode/Range Control.

PM questions are really better dealt with by posting in the PM Newsgroup, Pm's equivalent of this Support Forum. However:

But when i assign the Button to the Function "Mode DECR" or "MODE INCR" -the same with the Range- , it happens NOTHING :shock:

Are you running the PM MCP as well as the GC package? I don't think many of the PM functions work without the MCP. You could try the assignments for the PM GC controls facility, which takes a parameter (see 2999 in the list in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide).

Also, I've found numerous problems with PM's FSUIPC offset interface in the more recent PM updates, things like the Mode resetting to "APP" when something entirely different is changed. I think Enrico has been trying to improve things and has introduced a few errors in this area. You may want to try a much older version of the GC, just in case.

Is it possible to control the MCDU through FSUIPC?

I mean NOT the Function Keys, i mean the A-Z,1-0 Keys.

Well, if your CDU is running on a separate PC under WideFS, you could program all the A-Z and 0-9 keys in FSUIPC to send different KeySends, and define these in the appropriate WideClient.ini to send the keystrokes to the CDU, yes. But you'd lose all those keys on your FS PC. It seems far more sensible to have a keyboard on your CDU PC instead.

I have built a Hardware-MCDU with Joystick-Controllers.

Not sure what that means. Are you saying PM's CDU is not running in a separate PC? It makes quite some difference. If it is running in the FS PC I can see no way to divert keyboard input to it without changing the focus to it, away from FS.

Assigning the Keys with A-Z,1-0 is no Problem with FSUIPC,

but how can i assign it to the PM-MCDU?

If it is running on a separate PC, use the KeySend facility.

I must say, i have only one PC,no Network.

Ah. That wrecks most of the answers above! (I'll leave them in for other readers, though).

Then the problem is one of keyboard focus. That is difficult. PM is not really designed for single PC use at all.

What you really need is a facility in FSUIPC, similar to the GC Controls facility, with parameter, to send values to the "CDU Keyboard Interface" offset (see PM's FSUIPC Offsets document on the PM site, offset 5428). I can add that without any problem I think. I'll add it to my list and may fit it into the next version, due at the end of next week (16th April). Maybe I'll send you a test version to try before then.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you very much for the very fast answer!

I run the Full GC with the MCDU and the FCU

(All Demo)

I must say,that the "MODE DECR"- Function works! -but only for one time

*?*

PM is not really designed for single PC use at all.

I thought so...

So the best thing would be,to connect more PCs.

I´ve already built my Hardware-FMC ,it is impossible to

connect it to the MCDU-PC .

Is there any Demo of WideFS?

I thought i don´t need it as i bought Fsuipc ONLY

:?

I must study your answers-it is very complex! :D

What you really need is a facility in FSUIPC, similar to the GC Controls facility, with parameter, to send values to the "CDU Keyboard Interface" offset (see PM's FSUIPC Offsets document on the PM site, offset 5428). I can add that without any problem I think.

It would be great,i will try it at the new release.

Thanks you,

Regards,

Thomas

I run the Full GC with the MCDU and the FCU

(All Demo)

Ah, I'm not sure how many of the frills work in the demo. You'll need to check with PM. Also, I don't know much about the Airbus versions of these things, but the FCU is the equivalent of the Boeing MCP. So if the demo supports them, most if not all of the FSUIPC-implemented PM controls should work. They only toggle or set bits in offsets used by PM (and documented on the PM website).

I must say,that the "MODE DECR"- Function works! -but only for one time

This sounds like one of the problems in the recent builds. The Mode and Range (and most other INC/DEC commands) each rely on a single bit being set by the requester and cleared by the receiver. Until PM has cleared the bit no further INCs/DECs will be serviced.

All this did work fine not so long ago. I think you should report the problem to PM support. I've noted some problems recently and told them, but not this one.

Sorry, I've no idea what that means or how it relates to this. If you only have one PC and it is impossible for you to connect your FMC to it, how can you possibly use it?

Is there any Demo of WideFS?

I thought i don´t need it as i bought Fsuipc ONLY

No, there is no demo. You can't use it in any case with only one PC, so it doesn't matter.

I must study your answers-it is very complex! :D

You are entering a complex world. PM emulates many functions of an advanced aircraft cockpit and once you start trying to achieve any sort of realism with switches and so on you are going to have to deal with complex matters.

It would be great,i will try it at the new release.

I have just made and tested a version of FSUIPC which will provide parameter driven PM controls for the following (you will certainly need to refer to PM's "FSUIPC offsets" documentation on the PM site for these -- look them up by the offset given below, the document lists things in that order).

* PM MCP kcodes (by Parameter) for the MCP/FCU Throughpass (at offset 04F2). This uses Knnn type Elan Informatique codes.

* PM CDU keys (by Parameter) to send keys to the CDU keyboard interface at offset 5428.

* PM GC keys (by Parameter) to send keys to the GC keyboard interface at offset 542A.

* PM QuickMap keys (by Parameter) to send keys to QuickMap's keyboard interface at offset 542C.

* PM Whazzup keys (by Parameter) to send keys to Whazzup's keyboard interface at offset 542E.

In each case the parameter entry in FSUIPC's Keys or Buttons page gives the data to be sent. For the MCP/FCU system these are code numbers representing functions, but in all the other cases they are character values in ASCII (eg 65 for 'A', 49 for '1'), with 256 added for Shift, 512 for Control and 1024 for Alt (mixed as needed). There are some special characters too for the CDU: . = 190, / = 191, + = 107, DEL = 46, CLR = 8, Function Key n = 111+n. (These are the same codes as used by FSUIPC and FS and listed in my Advanced Users Guide).

Note that you don't need to worry about the business where it says "... other bits must change if you have two same characters ...". FSUIPC deals with that automatically.

If you want to try any of this before the release I can send you an interim version -- send me an email to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete

I meant:

In the case of more PCs,i cannot plug the FMC to any other Computer,because my FMC is not a stand-alone Device.

There are 2 SAITEK-Dash2 Controllers.

The second Controller controls not only the FMC,

it controls other FS-related Functions too.

Sorry, i cant better explain-my English is soo good... :oops:

No, there is no demo. You can't use it in any case with only one PC, so it doesn't matter.

If i must not, i dont wanna use more than one PC,because i think it is easier to control ,and makes less problem...maybe

I´ve flown a Payware-A320 for a long time,

but the configuring of FSUIPC/Magenta is very new to me...

I will send you a Email for the latest Version.

Thanks for your great Support!!

Can i use my existing Registration-Data with this "exclusive"

Version?

Regards,

Thomas

if you are interesting,visit my Homecockpit-HP

http://members.aon.at/tomsim/cockpit.htm

The second Controller controls not only the FMC,

it controls other FS-related Functions too.

I see. But if it does this through emulating buttonpressing or keys then those can be transmitted to FS through WideFS as well. But it is of no matter ...

Can i use my existing Registration-Data with this "exclusive"

Version?

Yes, All current registrations apply to all version 3.xxx copies of FSUIPC. All I have at present is an interim version (3.205) with some changes, but no documentation updates. It is on its way to you.

Regards,

Pete