The simFlight Network Forums

sound

i have loaded radar control and flightdeck on my client, and it does work excepted for the sound and voices, does that mean i have to use speakers

from the client or is there a way to get the sound from client to server.

when i give a key command from the server it will work but no sound.

Thanks...........................Camtech

i have loaded radar control and flightdeck on my client, and it does work excepted for the sound and voices, does that mean i have to use speakers

Thanks...........................Camtech

Radar Contact makes the sounds on the computer in which it is running. That's the whole point of running it on a client -- to separate the ATC sounds from the aircraft sounds, making them much clearer and amenable to using a headset/headphones, just as in a real aircraft!

I don't know Flightdeck (perhaps you mean Flight Deck Companion?) but likely the same goes for that. There's no way a separate PC on a Network can ventriloquise its sound onto a different PC unless it has its own networking components designed to do this, but I don't see the point in any case. You would be throwing away the main advantage of running it on a separate PC!

Pete

Radar Contact makes the sounds on the computer in which it is running. That's the whole point of running it on a client -- to separate the ATC sounds from the aircraft sounds, making them much clearer and amenable to using a headset/headphones, just as in a real aircraft!

I don't know Flightdeck (perhaps you mean Flight Deck Companion?) but likely the same goes for that. There's no way a separate PC on a Network can ventriloquise its sound onto a different PC unless it has its own networking components designed to do this, but I don't see the point in any case. You would be throwing away the main advantage of running it on a separate PC!

Pete

thanks pete and you are right , because i saw a great advantage in that also, it did feel more realistic, becase on my server i have five hundred watt klips, so i can hear the plane engines , and on the client i just hooked up my head phones and it felt like i was talking to the tower. thanks again.........................Camtech

thanks pete and you are right , because i saw a great advantage in that also, it did feel more realistic, becase on my server i have five hundred watt klips, so i can hear the plane engines , and on the client i just hooked up my head phones and it felt like i was talking to the tower. thanks again.........................Camtech

Guest ian bennet

Hi,

I do not completly agree with Peter, in fact it is possible to have a client computer send its sounds to the main computer, and its very easy :

plug in a audio cable from the headphone of the client computer into the line in of the main computer, unclick the mute line in in the main computer ( by default windows will mute line in ) and the tric is done, you have the sound of your client computer in your loud speakers of your main computer

I use this very simple set up to fly when my wife is in the same room as me ( my cockpit is in the living room ). I have all sounds in my head phone plug into the main computer.

When i am alone i just unplug this audio cable , switch on my speaker, use my second headphone ( plugged into the client ) and i am back into flying with the fs2002 sounds from the speakers, ATC in my headphone

Ian bennett

Guest ian bennet

Hi,

I do not completly agree with Peter, in fact it is possible to have a client computer send its sounds to the main computer, and its very easy :

plug in a audio cable from the headphone of the client computer into the line in of the main computer, unclick the mute line in in the main computer ( by default windows will mute line in ) and the tric is done, you have the sound of your client computer in your loud speakers of your main computer

I use this very simple set up to fly when my wife is in the same room as me ( my cockpit is in the living room ). I have all sounds in my head phone plug into the main computer.

When i am alone i just unplug this audio cable , switch on my speaker, use my second headphone ( plugged into the client ) and i am back into flying with the fs2002 sounds from the speakers, ATC in my headphone

Ian bennett

I do not completly agree with Peter, in fact it is possible to have a client computer send its sounds to the main computer, and its very easy

Ah, by linking it by wires, yes. But it is still the client computer playing the sounds so it still needs a sound card.

Of course it still seems to me that re-mixing the ATC into the general FS sounds spoils much of the whole point of running RC on the client.

Pete

I do not completly agree with Peter, in fact it is possible to have a client computer send its sounds to the main computer, and its very easy

Ah, by linking it by wires, yes. But it is still the client computer playing the sounds so it still needs a sound card.

Of course it still seems to me that re-mixing the ATC into the general FS sounds spoils much of the whole point of running RC on the client.

Pete