The simFlight Network Forums

ADF swap

Hi Pete,

For the 737NG pedestal I need a offset to swap the ADF 1 and ADF 1 stby.

I take look at the manuals but there are alone offsets on address 3123 for the comm and nav's.

Is it possible to add them?

I'm using the full PM 737 and pm systems software.

Best regards

Jan Geurtsen

I take look at the manuals but there are alone offsets on address 3123 for the comm and nav's.

Is it possible to add them?

Well, I think can add those as an extra bit. Though I cannot see an FS control for this -- the others are implemented simply by driving the FS controls. Odd that there are none specific for the ADFs. Possibly the anonymous "Frequency swap" control would do it, but it may need directing to the ADF in the first place.

If it is easy I will see if I can fit it in this week, but otherwise it won't be for a few weeks as I am disappearing on holiday from this weekend till October 12th. I will put it on my list either way. Check the Beta versions list at the top of the Forum at the end of the week.

Meanwhile, you could experiment with FS controls. If you find out what works you could then send them via offset 3110.

[LATER]

Please see my next message here!

Regards

Pete

Okay, I've now had a look, and as far as I can see FS does not support standby frequencies for the ADFs. There are none that I can find, and therefore there are no facilities to swap them over.

In my implementation of ADF radios on PFC radio stacks I did the standby frequency displays from memory internal to the driver (PFC.DLL) then "swapping" was just a matter of reading the only current frequency known to FS and swapping that for the one I was storing for the standby.

I think you will have to do the same for your cockpit. If you are not actually writing drivers for this, then you could probably do it in pmSystems.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

Do you know of any way to add a functional SECOND ADF to an airplane

cockpit?

I'm trying to replicate my real-world ferry flight in which I flew my newly-purchased Piper Cherokee from Teterboro New Jersey home to Rio de Janeiro.

Because of the limited radio navigation aids that existed back in 1965

when I flew that flight, I had a single 360-channel VHF nav receiver and

two ADF receivers on board, one Bendix and one Motorola.

I would really like to have that second ADF rig in my FS2004 Cherokee.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Norm Sternberg

Email: normster@compuserve.com

Do you know of any way to add a functional SECOND ADF to an airplane

cockpit?

If you mean an FS panel, then you'll need to find a gauge for one -- all the default gauges only appear to have ADF1, but maybe there's a freeware one out there someplace. Then, as well as adding the gauge to your panel (a matter of adding it to the PANEL.CFG file) you would need to add it in the [Radios] section of your Aircraft.CFG file. If you take a look at that section you'll see how to do it, it's only one line.

This is not really my subject at all, but that is how I understand it. You may get some more detailed suggestions in the FS2004 Forum or an aircraft/panel Forum if there is one.