The simFlight Network Forums

ADF R PM Boeing737 CDU offset

Hi Pete

I want to set the ADF R freq. (CDU) via fsbus hardware.

I tried all the offsets listed in the FSUIPC offset list.

But only the ADF L is changing if I use my hardware to change the ADF freq.When I use the CDU key's I can change the ADF R FReq and this is also displayd on the captains ND.

Do you have an idea wich offset to use to change the ADF R freq?

I'm using fs2004.

Ask this question before in the PM forum but there was no solution.

Best regards

Jan Geurtsen

I want to set the ADF R freq. (CDU) via fsbus hardware.

I tried all the offsets listed in the FSUIPC offset list.

But only the ADF L is changing if I use my hardware to change the ADF freq.When I use the CDU key's I can change the ADF R FReq and this is also displayd on the captains ND.

Do you have an idea wich offset to use to change the ADF R freq?

I'm using fs2004.

The ADF2 frequency locations in FSUIPC's offsets are clearly documented in the document provided in the SDK. Did you look there? What offsets have you been trying.

Please find the program called FSInterrogate in the SDK and use this to check things. It is provided for exactly such a purpose and can save you a lot of time!

The offsets listed in the document are correct and are as follows (they are only relevant to FS2004 because ADF2 wasn't supported before then):

02D4

[FS2004 only] ADF2 Frequency: main 3 digits, in Binary Coded Decimal. See also offset 02D6. A frequency of 1234.5 will have 0x0234 here and 0x0105 in offset 02D6.

02D6

[FS2004 only] Extended ADF2 frequency. The high byte contains the 1000’s digit and the low byte the fraction, so, for a frequency of 1234.5 this offset will contain 0x0105.

Note that writing to these offsets will probably have no effect whatsoever unless you are using an aircraft which has the two ADF radios defined. For this, check your AIRCRAFT.CFG file.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete

In the aircraft.cfg there are 2 adf's enabled.

The following I found out:

ADF1(fs2004) freq. = ADF L freq. PM CDU.

ADF2(fs2004 )freq.(x02D4) is not ADF R freq. PM CDU.

When I tune the ADF R (cdu) this tune to the required ADF freq. in the ND.

This doesn't match with the FS ADF freq. displayd in the ADF2 radio of the panel.

So, this sounds strange to me, why doesn't match the ADF2 freq. to the ADF R ???????

Will check with fs-interrogate later to find the offset of the ADF R cdu.

Best regards

Jan Geurtsen

When I tune the ADF R (cdu) this tune to the required ADF freq. in the ND.

This doesn't match with the FS ADF freq. displayd in the ADF2 radio of the panel.

So, this sounds strange to me, why doesn't match the ADF2 freq. to the ADF R ???????

This is most certainly a question only Enrico can answer. Possibly he is using his own invented location for ADF2, in lieu of the one not supported by FS until FS2004.

You can use FSUIPC Monitoring (right-hand side of the Logging page) to keep an eye on the FSUIPC ADF2 offsets and see when they change and so on. Maybe you can use FSInterrogate to find PM's offsets for the same.

[LATER]

Bingo! A search on "ADF" in Enrico's PM offsets list shows:

ADF2 * 10 (KHz) (pre-FS2002)

Try monitoring that too. Possibly Enrico hasn't yet gotten around to updating it for the new provisions in FSUIPC for FS2004? (I have no idea what he would do in FS2002 though).

Regards,

Pete