The simFlight Network Forums

Trouble with FSUIPC

Hey all, I've suddenly run into a problem with FSUIPC that I've never experienced before. When I try to run certain aircaft types I get an error message that reads: "One or more programs you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. Please see the FSUIPC.log for details." Any ideas on what's causing this or what I could do to fix it. I checked the .log and it didn't shed much information. I should not that the problem seems to have something to do with add-on panels. It's annoying because it will eventually load the aircraft and I can fly normally, but the error message (as most error messages do) seems to shut-down AISmooth. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have another look in the .log file. You will see lines that look something like this:

97625 Module [M3] identified = "dsd_ipc2xml.GAU"

97625 READ0 [M3] 3304, 4 bytes: 00 00 00 35

97625 READ0 [M3] 3308, 4 bytes: 07 00 DE FA

97625 WRITE0 [M3] (failed, read-only!) 330A, 2 bytes: B0 04

100015 Illegal write attempt: offset 6D40, size 32 [M3]

100015Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

101406 ### IPC Message processed in 1391mSecs ###

In this example, my gauge dsd_ipc2xml.gau, which does not have FSUIPC accreditation, opened communications with FSUIPC at timestamp 97625, and was identified as module [M3].

At timestamp 100015, the gauge attempted an FSUIPC write, which FSUIPC refused. You can see that the offending module is identified by the number assigned by FSUIPC - [M3].

In your log file, look for the illegal read or write attempt and find the number of the program or module making the call. If the offender is a gauge or FS module, the number will be in the form [Mx]. If the offender is an external program, the number will be in the form [Px]. Now have a look further up to find where that program or module is listed as opening communication with FSUIPC. It will be there.

Doug

I GET THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I USE THE F16.GAU IN A PANEL. I HAVE THE KEY BUT I STILL GET THAT SAME MESSAGE, AND THE GAUGE GOES BLANK. I POSTED MY FIRST TODAY ON THAT SUBJECT, MAYBE SOMEONE HAS THE ANSWER.

Please don't use ALL CAPS. It makes it more difficult to read, and it comes across as shouting.

F16.GAU is rather notorious for this. Something in its code clashes somehow with other things on a few folks systems. Mostly it is okay, but when it isn't then the only solution, on some systems, has been a Wnidows re-install. I can't help as it works fine with the issued freeware key on all my systems. It also works fine with a user-registered FSUIPC.

There are other TCAS gauges which aren't so problematic -- for example, one by Lee Hetherington (ILH_TCAS I think).

Meanwhile, be sure that you are entering the correct application key as an application key and not a user key.

Regards,

Pete