The simFlight Network Forums

help on epic.

Hi pete I need a some help on what I need to do to run two epic usb cards. It has

been so long that I don't know how to run two. i have run out of buttons on my

epic card and have gotton a second one. I have 6 pcs networked with reg. ver. of

your software. I think I need epiclink, but..... I use FS Comm. but am un sure as

how i would use FS comm and two epic cards. any Help, and yes I will ask Robert

Fisher,of FS Comm as well. ron.

how i would use FS comm and two epic cards. any Help, and yes I will ask Robert Fisher,of FS Comm as well. ron.

Sorry, I am of no help at all on EPIC these days. I don't even have FSComm.

Regards,

Pete

well, so sorry to hear this. I am stumped. what then do you use to interface hardware to the software?. and what about epicinfo/epiclink is it over?. do you no longer support them? ralph wants the source code so he can move on. is it a dead ball?. by the way, in waiting for a responce, I did get two epic cards to work but FS Comm does have a problem. I am working with robert to resolve them .

ps I don't use epicinfo or epiclink. sorry if I sound a little miffed, I am, however if any one needs info on how to get a second epic card to work, please let me know.

with most regards. ron

what then do you use to interface hardware to the software?

All my hardware is now PFC (http://www.flypfc.com), with a couple of GoFlight button modules. I've only ever used ready-built stuff -- my hardware building capabilities are rudimentary. I only used EPIC with FS4, FS5, FS95 and FS98 in order to support more than the 4 axes and 4 switches, all that was then possible with a Game Port.

I do have an EPIC USB, but only with a small button pad and a trim wheel connected to it. The EPL program merely sends button presses through its normal joystick interface and I program them in FSUIPC.

I have two unused EPIC ISA (Rev D cards) stored away somewhere.

and what about epicinfo/epiclink is it over?. do you no longer support them?

I have been supporting EpicInfo, and did update it for a single USB EPIC. Ralph was going to talk to me about multiple EPICs a while back (years and years) but never got around to it. I've had only a couple of queries on EPICINFO, and none at all on EPIClink (which needs Win98 or earlier and the VxD-driven EPIC in any case) in the last three or four years. I don't think it needs support or development any more. My main work applied to DOS (for FS4, FS5, ATP) and, with EPIC95, to FS95 and FS98 on Windows 95/98.

Surely there are better alternatives these days? What is wrong with FSComm and the like?

ralph wants the source code so he can move on.

Not sure it is of any use to him at all, given what I say above, but I've not heard from him for years. Perhaps he should talk to me? I have always responded to questions on EPICINFO but certainly EpicLink is dead now. EPIC USB has its own methods in any case, I believe.

Regards,

Pete

Surely there are better alternatives these days? What is wrong with FSComm and the like?

Yes pete now that you put it that way I understand. as to fs comm it has or I have a problem as it seem to only see one epic usb, usb0. I have yet to get a responce from robert, the auther. so now I must wait. yours, ron.