The simFlight Network Forums

AutoSave problem.

Hi Pete,

Could you please tell me what is wrong with my autosave.cfg file, I cannot get it to save the "optional additional file which has a fixed

name"

I am using FSUIPC 3.50 (registered) and AutoSave 1.50, the contents of my autosave.cfg are as follows:

[user]

Interval=60

Files=1

[Files]

Next=1

1=Tue 124844

AlsoSave=My Restart

AlsoInterval=60

SaveOnGround=Yes

The standard autosave is working absolutely fine, but I cannot find the file "My Restart" anywhere. Could you please tell me in what directory it tries to save the file in case I deleted that whilst having a clear out and that is causing the problem. I'm using FS2004 in case that makes a difference to the directory.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Steve.

Could you please tell me what is wrong with my autosave.cfg file, I cannot get it to save the "optional additional file which has a fixed

name"

Sure:

[user]

Interval=60

Files=1

[Files]

Next=1

1=Tue 124844

AlsoSave=My Restart

AlsoInterval=60

SaveOnGround=Yes

All of the parameters except "Next" and "1=" are in the wrong section. The [Files] section is not for User editing, it simply keeps track of which files have been saved and which need deleting next. ALL User options go into the User section, that is why it is there. i.e.

[user]

Interval=60

Files=1

AlsoSave=My Restart

AlsoInterval=60

SaveOnGround=Yes

[Files]

Next=1

1=Tue 124844

Could you please tell me in what directory it tries to save the file

Same as all the saved flights -- AutoSave actually has no control over that, they go where FS decides to put them. In the case of FS2004 they are all in your "My Documents" folder, in the Flight Simulator Files sub-folder.

Regards,

Pete