The simFlight Network Forums

keys and buttons in FSUIPC

Hello,

The FS Zoom In and Zoom Out are inverted in FSUIPC, zoom in fine and zoom out fine are correct. So Zoom In is doing a Zoom Out and vice-versa.

I tried to assign Landing Light Up and Landing Light Down to 2 joystick buttons and it worked very slow (even with repeat checked), I did the same thing using FS2002 joystick assigments and the feedback speed is about 10 times faster.

I found the same delay in commands answer for cycle view and some magenta commands as well, is there any setting that I can change in FSUIPC or WideFS to speed up the buttoms and keys commands through FSUIPC ??

Thanks,

Ulisses

Hello,

The FS Zoom In and Zoom Out are inverted in FSUIPC, zoom in fine and zoom out fine are correct. So Zoom In is doing a Zoom Out and vice-versa.

I tried to assign Landing Light Up and Landing Light Down to 2 joystick buttons and it worked very slow (even with repeat checked), I did the same thing using FS2002 joystick assigments and the feedback speed is about 10 times faster.

I found the same delay in commands answer for cycle view and some magenta commands as well, is there any setting that I can change in FSUIPC or WideFS to speed up the buttoms and keys commands through FSUIPC ??

Thanks,

Ulisses

No, they are not inverted in FSUIPC. FSUIPC merely pulls the names out of CONTROLS.DLL. The actual control names are inverted in FS. I have noted that somewhere I think. I cannot fix MS code, sorry.

That's because the repeat is set differently. I have a fixed repeat rate in FSUIPC, which is suited to mundane things like flap changing. I could probably offer a repeat rate adjustment for each control, but I am not considering any more enhancements this year. Ask again after Christmas please. Meanwhile, why not use FS assignments? FSUIPC is really only intended for those things you can't do in FS without it.

I found the same delay in commands answer for cycle view and some magenta commands as well, is there any setting that I can change in FSUIPC or WideFS to speed up the buttoms and keys commands through FSUIPC ?

No. The PM side is totally different in any case -- there is it a matter of cycle time on WideFS. WideFs operates at the FS frame rate at maximum. But PM's MCP needs to read the bit changes then send bit changes to the ND which then has to read them. Each PM component has its own cycle time (set in its INI), usually 100-150 mSecs. Add it all up and you probably can only get about 2 changes per second. If that's no good for you use KeySends and local keypresses for PM's ND.

Maybe it would be better for each PM component to read the commands directly, but you'll have to discuss that with Enrico.

Pete

No, they are not inverted in FSUIPC. FSUIPC merely pulls the names out of CONTROLS.DLL. The actual control names are inverted in FS. I have noted that somewhere I think. I cannot fix MS code, sorry.

That's because the repeat is set differently. I have a fixed repeat rate in FSUIPC, which is suited to mundane things like flap changing. I could probably offer a repeat rate adjustment for each control, but I am not considering any more enhancements this year. Ask again after Christmas please. Meanwhile, why not use FS assignments? FSUIPC is really only intended for those things you can't do in FS without it.

I found the same delay in commands answer for cycle view and some magenta commands as well, is there any setting that I can change in FSUIPC or WideFS to speed up the buttoms and keys commands through FSUIPC ?

No. The PM side is totally different in any case -- there is it a matter of cycle time on WideFS. WideFs operates at the FS frame rate at maximum. But PM's MCP needs to read the bit changes then send bit changes to the ND which then has to read them. Each PM component has its own cycle time (set in its INI), usually 100-150 mSecs. Add it all up and you probably can only get about 2 changes per second. If that's no good for you use KeySends and local keypresses for PM's ND.

Maybe it would be better for each PM component to read the commands directly, but you'll have to discuss that with Enrico.

Pete