The simFlight Network Forums

Same problem I had once again with my FS2002

Hi Peter!

One year ago I had an problem with my FS2002 in my network! Sometimes if I wanted to land FS2002 switched off and the ProjectMagenta Enginedisplays changed from 737 to an 747 sources !At that time I used FSUIPC version 3.30 !After change to 3.47 It was running!Yesterday I wanted to fly from Hamburg to Stuttgart everything was running until landing ILS !FS2002 switched off and the Enginedisplays changed from 737 to 747!I have updated my CDU last sunday with CDU nav;trm and Airways from Schirattis Homepage (Navdata)!But I must say that I updated my CDU irregular !Could this be the problem perhaps ?I use the MCP at the same Computer where FS is running since 2 weeks ! FSUIPC log shows no errors !Could it be a problem with FSUIPC again I mean the "lost data area with non exist engines in FS2002" ?

Best Regards

Michael

One year ago I had an problem with my FS2002 in my network! Sometimes if I wanted to land FS2002 switched off and the ProjectMagenta Enginedisplays changed from 737 to an 747 sources

Sorry, I don't know what this means. When you say "FS2002 switched off" do you mean you FS PC reset itself or had a power failure? If not what do you mean by "switched off"?

At that time I used FSUIPC version 3.30 !After change to 3.47 It was running!

Neither of those versions are supported at all in any case. The mnimum supported FSUIPC version at present it 3.50. Version 3.51 will be released within 2 weeks I hope.

FSUIPC log shows no errors !Could it be a problem with FSUIPC again I mean the "lost data area with non exist engines in FS2002" ?

Why should FSUIPC show any errors? Are you running all of Project Magenta on the same PC as FS or do you use a Network? Does PM indicate any errors. What is it you are actually seeing -- does your FS PC power down, for instance? This is what I would mean by "switching off".

You really do need to explain a little more, please. I have no idea what you mean by "switched off" or "lost data are with non exist engines", nor do I know what you configuration is at all. Please, if you use WideFS, do make sure it is a supported version too -- 6.50 or later.

Regards,

Pete

OK Peter the problem is my bad english!Yes I'am using a network with 5 Computer's !Server and four Clients with Project Magenta Software!Switching Off I mean that only the FS2002 is going out not the Server(PC) !With "lost data area in FS2002 of non exist engines" I mean a line in your history of FSUIPC 3.23 Explain ! In FSUIPC log stands following lines:

37851 Aircraft \PMDG737-700\B737-700.air

37870 Aircraft=****

98430 Aircraft=PMDG 737-700 PM No Panel

and in the Wide Client log after FS is going out I find these lines :

Error on Client post -Connection select Connection reset by peer !

Even I made a testflight without client running and FS2002 is going out again after the airplane from the runway and activitate the autopilot !I only use the PMDG 737/700 without Panel !Until now it was running !

I don't know what I have make wrong !I only updated my CDU nothing else !

Switching Off I mean that only the FS2002 is going out not the Server(PC)

Sorry, I still don't understand, what do you mean by "FS2002 is going out"? What do you actually SEE happen?

!With "lost data area in FS2002 of non exist engines" I mean a line in your history of FSUIPC 3.23 Explain ! In FSUIPC log stands following lines:

37851 Aircraft \PMDG737-700\B737-700.air

37870 Aircraft=****

98430 Aircraft=PMDG 737-700 PM No Panel

These lines are not errors, the just log the aircraft name (from the Aircraft.CFG file) when you load an aircraft.

What are "lost data area in FSUIPC .."?

and in the Wide Client log after FS is going out I find these lines :

Error on Client post -Connection select Connection reset by peer !

If by FS2002 "going out" you mean FS2002 is crashing, then naturally WideClient loses its connection with WideServer. wideServer runs in FS, so if FS crashes, it takes WideServer with it.

I will try to help if I can, but I need you to explain what you actually see. "Going out" is what girls and boys do of an evening. I don't know what that means applied to FS2002. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

Peter I mean with going out I see nothing I see the normally Windows Desktop !Even I make an test to posit my airplane to Munich I could airborne and could land nothing happened !The same I do it Hamburg !Everything runs nothing happened ,but in Stuttgart after start FS crashes and the autopilot was still runnig from Projekt Magenta !He is on the same Computer !The clients was not running in all test so no networkproblems !It was running since one year without problem but yet !Shit FS2002

Peter I mean with going out I see nothing I see the normally Windows Desktop !

Okay. That is called a crash! In particular that would be "FS crashing to the desktop" or a CTD. This is an FS problem. If you are not using the 9.1 update, then get that and install it. It fixes at least 75% of all known crashes to desktop (CTDs). If you still get the CTDs, then it is likely you have a bad scenery file or scenery texture. These are the two most likely causes at any rate. There are others.

None of this has anything to do with either FSUIPC, WideFS, or even Project Magenta. You need to do a process of elimination to find the cause. First examine everything you have added, especially scenery, textures, and similar.

Regards,

Pete