The simFlight Network Forums

Sending data

Hi All, I sure this has been covered before but after searching the forum I have not found any answers.If there is a thread already Please can you point me to it.

I have written a program in vb6 that reads buttons connected to my printer port(64 in all).My vb Program then takes the data and sends a keypress via sendkeys to FS9.I want to change the vb6 program to use FSUIPC to send the data.

Please can anyone point me to some examples of sendin data to fsuipc from vb6.

Like setting the autopliot Master switch on and of or the Nav hold etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Download the FSUIPC SDK and have a look on the VB port (sorry but I don't do VB myself). However wether or not you will in fact be able to control the autopilot via FSUIPC is determined if your particular plane is using the default autopilot or if it has its own implementation (e.g. like PMDG's B744)

With the SDK you also got a program called FS-Interrogate (I won't tell you who made it ). Load up the FSUIPC.FSI file with this program and use the interrogate feature to lean which data you can access and try writing values back to MSFS and see what happens.

While you do this you can use the scratch pad to write your notes as what you can do, in regard to what you try to accomplish.

I guess I will have to use trial and error to get it working.

There's a working VB6 example and all the source in the SDK. What is the problem? I don't see how you could expect more without someone else writing your program for you?

Folks don't mind answering specific questions if you run into specific difficulties, but you are unlikely to get the job done for you. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

All I was aking for was a simple one line example with vaules in it. :oops:

You cannot write an interface to FSUIPC in one line. Sorry. There are examples in the SDK. Please just say what it is you don't understand.

I wont be coming here again :evil:

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. If you browse through this Forum then you will see that lots of folks ask questions and get helpful answers, but you do need to do a little work first so that you can actually ask decent questions.

The answers to generalised questions such as you've come up with are bound to be to, first, look at what is provided, Try to work it out, and come back if you get stuck. That's all we've been saying.

No one minds helping someone who is willing to help himself, but you must make some effort too.

Regards,

Pete