The simFlight Network Forums

2 Server <-> 1 Client ?

Hi,

My configuration:

PC#1: Wideview-server and WideFS-server (no outside-view and no AI-traffic)

PC#2: Wideview-client (with AI-traffic)

PC#3: WideFS-client and RadarContact

My problem:

I need 2 connections to differnt servers (PC#1 and PC#2) from Wideclient.exe - one for traffic data and one for all other functions.

What can i do?

PC#1: Wideview-server and WideFS-server (no outside-view and no AI-traffic)

PC#2: Wideview-client (with AI-traffic)

PC#3: WideFS-client and RadarContact

My problem:

I need 2 connections to differnt servers (PC#1 and PC#2) from Wideclient.exe - one for traffic data and one for all other functions.

Can't be done like that.

Run WideServer on the FS with the traffic, not on the other one. The only parts of Radar Contact you won't be able to use are the automated bits like copilot and auto-tuning.

Does WidevieW copy the weather from the Server or are you providing that locally? If the former then it will need to be copying all the localised weather so that RC's ATIS reports and runway allocations are correct. I don't know if it does that or merely copies weather at the aircraft.

It all seems a very strange arrangement and a huge waste of processing power. Why have no views on the main FS PC? Surely the only point of using WidevieW is to get more views, not to transfer the only view -- you aren't really gaining anything at all, just wasting a PC.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

thanks for your fast answer.

Run WideServer on the FS with the traffic, not on the other one. The only parts of Radar Contact you won't be able to use are the automated bits like copilot and auto-tuning.

It dosn't work. I can not set the transponder code, can not contol the RadarContact via Keyboard (on PC#1) and the plane on WideVieW-Client never touched the ground

Does WidevieW copy the weather from the Server or are you providing that locally? If the former then it will need to be copying all the localised weather so that RC's ATIS reports and runway allocations are correct. I don't know if it does that or merely copies weather at the aircraft.

This is not a problem, i use ActiveSky on both PCs

It all seems a very strange arrangement and a huge waste of processing power. Why have no views on the main FS PC? Surely the only point of using WidevieW is to get more views, not to transfer the only view -- you aren't really gaining anything at all, just wasting a PC.

PC#1 is a ASUS Pundit, 3.06 Ghz, NVidea FX5200 (PCI!) and Matroy MGA200 cards with 19" and 15" TFTs (1024x768)

PC#2 is a ASUS Terminator T2 3.2 Ghz, NVidea 6600GT with 2 x 20" TFTs

(3360x1050)

My main PC is to slow for views, but fast enough for panels.

It dosn't work. I can not set the transponder code, can not contol the RadarContact via Keyboard (on PC#1) and the plane on WideVieW-Client never touched the ground

I don't understand the last part -- is that a failing of WidevieW? But the other parts are irrelevant. You surely don't use RC to set the transponder -- you set that using your control on the main FS PC. It is up to widevieW to relay everything about the aircraft status to its client, is it not? If it doesn't you might be in some trouble, but you could set the transponder on the WidevieW client instead if WidevieW isn't overwriting it.

Obviously if WideServer is running on the WideClient PC you'd use the keyboard on that PC.

PC#1 is a ASUS Pundit, 3.06 Ghz, NVidea FX5200 (PCI!) and Matroy MGA200 cards with 19" and 15" TFTs (1024x768)

PC#2 is a ASUS Terminator T2 3.2 Ghz, NVidea 6600GT with 2 x 20" TFTs

(3360x1050)

Run FS on PC #2 then. Use PC #1 fpr something else, maybe as another WideFS client.

Regards,

Pete

I don't understand the last part -- is that a failing of WidevieW?

No. Is it the "Resolve Ground Stutters"-function from WideView. RadarContact has a problem with this.

I think we should end this tread

Thanks and Regards,

I think we should end this tread

Okay, as you wish. I hope you find a solution that satifies you. I would be looking for a way to offload the panel stuff rather than the graphics. I know Project Magenta is a little on the expensive side, but it is one possibility. There is "FreeFD" which may help. There may be other programs which help unload everything but the outside view from the main machine.

Regards,

Pete