The simFlight Network Forums

FT PIC 737

Hi Peter! How are you?

I would like to ask you for some help as I'm really disperated... I own the FT PIC 737 and I'm getting (as I know FT has told you) very bad VNAV troubles... TBH, I don't thing this problem is yours, but I know for sure you are going to solve them a very big problem they have and they should be very grateful with you... LOL (Don't get upset, Ak and Victor, if you read that... :-)). Do you want me to give ideas? :D :D

I have some special settings on your FSUIPC, and I don't want to lose them... those are mostly on weather, winds and CH Yoke buttons config, for Team Speak talk especially.

Do you have any idea? Any quick solution?

Thanks in advance!

Giorgio La Pira

http://www.fs-gs.com

I own the FT PIC 737 and I'm getting (as I know FT has told you) very bad VNAV troubles.

Sorry, I don't recall anything about any "FT" 737, let alone VNAV. Can you be more specific? Who is "FT"? I thought the "PIC" name was from Wilco and Level D.

Do you have any idea? Any quick solution?

I'm very sorry, but I have no idea what the problem is -- you don't seem to have described one.

Pete

Hi Pete!

Nice to drop You a line again! :D

Let me make it a bit more clear.

Since last week we have been enjoying a new long-awaited product. This is Boeing 737 classic released by Wilco and developed by FeelThere (hence FT). Yes, PIC stands for Pilot In Command of whose 737 is the next title.

It is a gorgeous addon, though there are some bugs making our lives a bit more frustrating. The problems that are worth mentioning right here are:

1. Wrong A/T behaviour

2. Frequent steep climbs and dives with AP

Not all users are experiencing the above, though quite a number.

As for the A/T, the problem is that N1 displays show continuously changing values. If You have a look at the Throttle Panel, You can notice both throttle levers making crazy dance up and down, what's more - independently.

As for the AP VS, the problem most probably lies in wrong elevator trim behaviour. Shortly after activating VS or VNAV, the plane often starts abrupt climb (up to 6000+ or more) or dives (almost nose down). The only help seems to be discnnecting AP and saving yourself manually with the help of the trim and the yoke/joystick. If You activate it once again, then it usually doesn't repeat itself. If You have a look at the plane from the outside, You can see the unnaturally positioned elevator trim.

Why mentioning it here? Well, kilometres of thoughts have been now expressed about it at FeelThere Forum ( example: http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3815 ). Some folks suggest resetting FSUIPC (together with the controls settings :shock: ) helps. But of course who wants to lose the long-polished settings for throttle axis, for reversers, etc?

Pete, You're the best FS professional supporter around the Globe. Can You tell us if it may have anything to do with FSUIPC or better if Your FSUIPC can help here?

Regards,

Rafal

Why mentioning it here? Well, kilometres of thoughts have been now expressed about it at FeelThere Forum ( example: http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3815 ). Some folks suggest resetting FSUIPC (together with the controls settings :shock: ) helps. But of course who wants to lose the long-polished settings for throttle axis, for reversers, etc?

But all of the things you describe sound like it is a really bad model. Have you simply tried using the default 737 AIR and CFG files instead, just to see if the modelling is in bad need of adjustment?

Does it use FSUIPC at all? If so, what for? If you think FSUIPC is involved why not simply try without it -- it isn't going to lose any settings as an experiment. Most panels only use FSUIPc for the TCAS displays in any case, and even that can be done directly with FS quite easily since MS published the traffic tools.

Pete, You're the best FS professional supporter around the Globe.

That's a quite a bit of an exaggeration. The problem here is that I know nothing about making and tunung aircraft. Most of the parameters used for modelling an aircraft are just numbers to me, if that. You want an aircraft designer to sort your modelling out really.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter! I'm asking you just because of these posts:

http://www.popcircle.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3839

http://www.popcircle.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3841

In the last one... especially the one where that is said:

For your information a new version of FSUIPC will be released next week with the fixes...

Vic

And it's true... your support and attention to all the feedbacks and request is fantastic!!!!! THANKS FOR THAT!

In the last one... especially the one where that is said:

For your information a new version of FSUIPC will be released next week with the fixes...

Well, sorry, but I'm completely lost. How can I have fixed something I know nothing about? In one place the chap called Victor firmly blames FSUIPC ("If you search the forum you'll see most errors are coming from FSUIPC and noisy joysticks"), and later he says what you say above? That I've fixed it in a version due this week?

I really don't understand what is being referred to here, nor why anyone is blaming FSUIPC, nor what I may or may not have done to "fix" it. Perhaps if someone who knows some of these things might actually talk to me sometimes things might make more sense?

I don't mind trying to help fix things, and certainly if I'm to blame, but I cannot do anything about something I know nothing about. Very sorry.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter... Ok, I see there is something wrong all over here...

That is why my post started by saying that I know YOUR program is not the trouble, but you are going to solve them a big problem. Now I see we are completely lost... LoL. Another Feelthere developper called "AK" says that have been talking with you too...

A little correction

Error can go from user's setup that he or she made in fsuipc or/and some other software

I had a talk with Pete today and we figured out how to supress input from problematic controls in upcoming version

Please Peter... try solving this problem with FT, and all those misunderstandings... before they all kill themselves... becasue no one of us that have been using FSUIPC for years now will believe the problem is yours... obviously not.

Another Feelthere developper called "AK" says that have been talking with you too...

Aha! The light dawns. Yes, Mr. _AK is the originator of another recent thread, resolved today -- see http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=47074. There was nothing in any of that exchange which linked me to an FT PIC 737 nor even VNAV. Sorry.

If you read that thread you will understand that he wanted an extra feature adding to FSUIPC to suppress the newer joystick connections whilst allowing the older FS98-compatible ones to go through. Seem that they use the latter instead of direct control to FS for their A/P.

If that is the "fix" then, yes, it needs FSUIPC 3.52 (hopefuly Wednesday), but also a modification to the aircraft as well.

NOTE (added later)

However, if this is related to FSUIPC joystick calibrations too, I would have thought that he might need another facility -- for FSUIPC to avoid calibration of the old controls too, as I had to add for the ERJ145 throttles some months ago.

Regards,

Pete

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes.... If you had to do the same thing with ERJ... then the things are clear. Do we have any possibility to try a beta of this version you think can solve the trouble? I use CH Yoke and Pedals... and I never had problems with any of my add-ons. I have betatested fs products for more than 3 years now.. never had that problem. :-( I hope they will contact you before you release it... So we can start flying without having those bad troubles with VNAV... apart of that, the add-on has good potentials...

Do you have any wuick fix idea Pete? Thanks for your unestible help...

I use CH Yoke and Pedals... and I never had problems with any of my add-ons
Me too, plus CH Throttle Quadrant and GF Multi-display Module (more coming). Now it looks like... everything is guilty except for the plane itself. :cry:

To be clear: I fell in love with that plane. It looks great, manual flying is XXL pleasure, panels look superb, FMS works like heaven, etc. But these AP problems....

Regards,

Rafal

P.S. Pete, if Your FSUIPC works great with every stuff (which is indisputably true), I do believe it will finally co-operate with PIC737 too (or rather vice versa) and will make flying it pure delight...

Do we have any possibility to try a beta of this version you think can solve the trouble?

I won't have a version till tomorrow (Tuesday) and I need to close 3.52 on Wednesday, and since you would also need an update for the aircraft -- my changes are only options for aircraft to use at present -- you'd need to ask FT.

I'll send _AK a version to test with his changes to the aircraft, either in the wee hours tonight or in the morning. It's then up to them on their update release strategy. I have to get FSUIPC 3.52 out on Wednesday, Thursday latest, whether it fixes things or not.

If I were to make these changes user-selectable options I'm afraid it may take a lot longer (it involves changes to several modules then), and there is no way I'm going to do that a day or two before a release. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

I'll send _AK a version to test with his changes to the aircraft, either in the wee hours tonight or in the morning.

Good news! On examining my code I find that I need not actually make any further changes to FSUIPC -- the version I sent to _AK earlier for his testing should suffice. I don't actually calibrate the older FS98-type surface controls in any case, only throttles, mixtures and prop pitches.

If you use the 4 throttles page for calibration (page 3), then you will need to check that option at the bottom to prevent FSUIPC applying calibrations to the FT aircraft's throttle control. Otherwise, the other change I've already done, plus the modification to the aircraft, should fix the rest.

Regards,

Pete