The simFlight Network Forums

Question regarding runway lights

Flap

Hi Pete,this is my first message since my registration to the forum.

I want to know if is there any chance to turn on and off the runway lights of any airport from an external aplication via fsuipc and widefs,i never find any bgl offset to do that,is that posible ?

Also i saw the post regarding the program you built, "MakeRunways",may I get a copy of that ?

Thanks in advance !!

I want to know if is there any chance to turn on and off the runway lights of any airport from an external aplication via fsuipc and widefs,i never find any bgl offset to do that,is that posible ?

Sorry, I really don't know anything about scenery. There are FSUIPC offsets through which you can communicate to code in BGLs, these are documented, so I guess those could be used. But you need to refer to some BGL documentation of an expert in scenery design. Sorry, I can't help.

Also i saw the post regarding the program you built, "MakeRunways",may I get a copy of that ?

As long as you don't want me to support it! ;-). See your email.

Regards,

Pete

Sorry, I really don't know anything about scenery. There are FSUIPC offsets through which you can communicate to code in BGLs, these are documented, so I guess those could be used. But you need to refer to some BGL documentation of an expert in scenery design. Sorry, I can't help.

Pete

Yep,I saw some offsets regarding bgl's but i couldn't find relationship about what i'm looking for,the offsets for the sim vars are specific,for example enginecombustion offset xxx aircraft on ground ,offset xxx and so on,but in bgls says for internal use or something like that,I really don't realize how to find out.

I want to thank you for the file you just sent to me,you are awesome as ussual.

Thanks for your big work for the simmers comunity !

Yep,I saw some offsets regarding bgl's but i couldn't find relationship about what i'm looking for,the offsets for the sim vars are specific,for example enginecombustion offset xxx aircraft on ground ,offset xxx and so on,but in bgls says for internal use or something like that,I really don't realize how to find out.

I think, a long time ago (FS98 and before), BGL code could access quite a few of the FS values, those then stored in "GLOBALS.DLL", but this has not been true since then. I think the only communication you have now with BGLs is through the explicit BGL variables, labelled as such. How you refer to those in BGLs I don't know either, sorry.

Regards,

Pete