The simFlight Network Forums

Multiengine CH throttle quadrant calibration

Hello,

I have just purchased Multiengine CH throttle quadrant and use it with the new IFly 744. I have calibrated it with FSUIPC last version using the protocol described in the manual.

It works fine manually, ie iddle at detent, reverse function....

However,I have discrepancies in the power of the 4 engines as far as AT is engaged and I cannot get the 4 engines at the same thrust as I do when AT is disconnected.[/img]

Can you help me ? Thanks

post-13713-128689298994_thumb.jpg

However,I have discrepancies in the power of the 4 engines as far as AT is engaged and I cannot get the 4 engines at the same thrust as I do when AT is disconnected.

The lever positons are controlled by the A/T when the A/T is armed and a thrust mode is set. Possibly you are getting interference from the levers, preventing the A/T taking full control?

When you move Thrust lever #1 with A/T enabled, does the engine spool up and down with it? If not then you have something else going on with that aircraft. If it does then your original problem is probably that the levers are giving too much jitter. If the filtering in FSUIPC doesn't help, then all you can do is make sure that you "park" the levers when using A/T -- non-jittery positions can be established atound the idle position and at the full max thrust position, provided you have calibrated the levers with some leeway allowed for variations.

When I used a throttle quadrant with jitter problems I used to park them at max thrust when on A/T in climb phases of flight, and at idle when on cruise or descent.

The other thing to do is check that you don't have any other (maybe all-engine) throttle axes still assigned in the FS Options-Controls-Assignments dialogue.

If it is a throttle interference problem and you can't resolve it, there is a special FSUIPC-added facility to disconnect throttle levers, three controls in fact -- "Throttles off", "Throttles on" and "Throttles toggle". You could program a button or keypress for this in FSUIPC -- these controls will be found in the drop-down.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you for your reply.

I succeeded in having the 4 engines at the same power, but now the AT is unable to control the speed, ie when I select IAS=240 thrust increases up to 310 !

In iFLY 747, when autothottle is engaged, the speed and acceleration is read from FSUIPC and the target position of the thottle is calculated.

What do you think ?

I succeeded in having the 4 engines at the same power, but now the AT is unable to control the speed, ie when I select IAS=240 thrust increases up to 310 !

In iFLY 747, when autothottle is engaged, the speed and acceleration is read from FSUIPC and the target position of the thottle is calculated.

What do you think ?

I'm sorry, I don't know this "iFly747" -- in fact I'd failed to notice that you meant a non-default aircraft when I replied to the last message, otherwise I may have said some different things.

If I were you I'd set up your throttles etc to work perfectly with the default 747. Otherwise you really don't know whether you are doing the right thing or not. When it is all working well with the default, try the add-on. If there are then problems, you know who to ask -- the iFly folks. Okay?

One thing they may do is use the older FS98 axis controls to set the engine thrust rather than control it directly. If they do then you will probably have to check that option at the bottom of the 4-throttles calibration page in FSUIPC. That stops FSUIPC calibrating the older axis controls.

Regards,

Pete

I finally succeeded in programming correctly the throttles via FSUIPC.

It is mandatory to set ExclThrottleSet=Yes

The correc program for the virtual pilots using 4-engines Throttle quadrant is the following :

[JoystickCalibration.iFly 747-400 LH - Virtual Cockpit/Cabin]

ExclThrottleSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

FlapsSetControl=0

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=0

AileronTrimControl=0

RudderTrimControl=0

CowlFlaps1Control=0

CowlFlaps2Control=0

CowlFlaps3Control=0

CowlFlaps4Control=0

Elevator=-16383,0,0,16383

Rudder=-16380,0,5,16380

Throttle=-15337,16192

Throttle1=-16129,-14194,-14194,16129

Throttle2=-16193,-14258,-14258,16192

Throttle3=-16193,-14258,-14258,16192

Throttle4=-16256,-14321,-14321,16256

Flaps=-14913,16192

Spoilers=-16129,16129

SlopeSpoilers=1

I finally succeeded in programming correctly the throttles via FSUIPC.

It is mandatory to set ExclThrottleSet=Yes

This is actually the checkbox at the bottom of the 4-throttle calibration page in the options that I mentioned, here, in my last reply:

One thing they may do is use the older FS98 axis controls to set the engine thrust rather than control it directly. If they do then you will probably have to check that option at the bottom of the 4-throttles calibration page in FSUIPC. That stops FSUIPC calibrating the older axis controls.

Did you not see that?

I'm not sure why you have resorted to editing the INI file when these things are accessible in the on-line options. But, as long as it works now ...

Regards,

Pete