The simFlight Network Forums

Registered version not working

Hi, Pete.

I've decided to purchase FSUIPC for using with WideFS. I had the unregistered version and used it with ASV, everything worked fine. Now, since registration, ASV did not recognize were I am, and keep reporting coordinates 0/0. I runned TrafficLook.exe and it shows 0/0 also. I've tryed lots of things: reinstalled version 3.5.0, deleted the .ini file, you name it. Do you have a clue of what maybe the problem? As I said, everything worked fine before registering. Now it seems that FSUIPC isn't piping the correct information about my position to ASV and other clients (Whazzup, QuickMap, etc.)

Thanks for your time,

Sérgio

I've decided to purchase FSUIPC for using with WideFS.

WideFS can be purchased separately. You don't need to purchase FSUIPC as well, but you must do so for WideFS.

I had the unregistered version and used it with ASV, everything worked fine. Now, since registration, ASV did not Now it seems that FSUIPC isn't piping the correct information

These are typical symptoms of a bad registration. If you purchased it legitimately from SimMarket, please ZIP up the FSUIPC.KEY file (found in the FS Modules folder) and email it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. Please include the email from SimMarket with the details too.

Regards,

Pete

OK, I will send you the key file. I have purchased both WideFS and FSUIPC.

When I removed the key file from the modules folder, everything was fine again. I think that maybe this is in fact a registration problem.

It's okay. I found the problem!

Please go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson and get FSUIPC 3.53. You should be okay then.

Seems I forgot to extend the life of FSUIPC version 3 into 2006. When FS2004 came out I expected FSUIPC 3 to only have to last two years -- the normal Flight Sim interval. Duh!

Regards,

Pete

• 2 months later...
I'am having the same problem. I downloaded the v 3.53 version, it worked perfectly with fsinterrogate. When I registered it, fsinterrogate was unable to locate my FS, FSUIPC,...

How can I solve this?

This is not the "same problem". The one this thread was about was fixed in 3.53 and was simply a registration date thing.

Are you registered with a different name and email address to the one you use here, as I cannot find any record of your registration. Of course my records aren't 100% so if you believe you have a legitimate Key, ZIP up your FSUIPC.KEY file and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com and I'll check it. The symptoms you are experiencing are exactly those I would expect from bad keys.

Regards,

Pete

We've got the key from our mentor at school as this is an academic project. I'll ask this info from him.

You sent a Log to the FSInterrogate author, which he asked me to look at. The key you are using is actually a pirate one, it isn't legal.

In any case, your 'mentor' should not be sharing personal keys. If extra keys are needed for school projects then I expect temporary (time limited) ones could be arranged. But it would be far better, for non-commercail developments, whether academical or not, to have specific application keys, not a user key at all.

Regards,

Pete

I did'nt know it was an illegal key.

Our final work is to convert a Cockpit Procedure Trainer (B727) (ex-Sabena Technics) into a non-motion flight simulator using Microsoft Flight Simulator.

As I/O hardware we are using Data Aquisition Hardware of National Instruments (USB-6008 Student Edition). Using VB.NET we will try to couple the voltage outputs to MSFS using the fsuipc.dll. We already managed to load the voltages into VB.NET application.

That's is more or less...

How can we arrange this time-limited key?

How can we arrange this time-limited key?

Provided you aren't running the VB program in debug mode, you can apply for a free application key. I need details about the application -- the Access Registration document in the SDK explains -- see Section 4 onwards. Send the information it describes to me at petedowson@btconnect.com, along with a time you need it to work for.

Regards,

Pete