The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS do not function correct

I have FSUIPC and WideFS and both are registered in the FSUIPC. I installed WideServer and WideClient as described in the manual.

Bu when I start up FS2004 I do not get a message that WideFS are waiting to be connected as I was told it should be. And I'm not able to connect my FS Commander 7.5 from my client PC allthough when I start my WideClient.Exe after the FS2004 I'm told that "WideClient FS98 Eliminator - Connected". Any solution to this problem?

BR

Lars

I have FSUIPC and WideFS and both are registered in the FSUIPC. I installed WideServer and WideClient as described in the manual.

Bu when I start up FS2004 I do not get a message that WideFS are waiting to be connected as I was told it should be.

Where are you expecting such a message? It would only show that in the FS title bar -- you will only see that if you run FS in Windowed mode. There is no "message" as such, it is just status. Why are you expecting a message?

And I'm not able to connect my FS Commander 7.5 from my client PC allthough when I start my WideClient.Exe after the FS2004 I'm told that "WideClient FS98 Eliminator - Connected". Any solution to this problem?

If WideClient says it is connected then this "FS Commander" should certainly connect -- if it is an FSUIPC application and doesn't need direct access to FS, of course. I'm afraid I don't know the program myself -- perhaps you could ask the author or his support site about this?

If you want help from me I need more information. I need version numbers of WideFS and FSUIPC, and it would be useful to see the WideClient.LOG file at least -- you will find that in the same folder as WideClient.

I would also need to know how you are deciding that you are "not able to connect ..". What are the actual symptoms? What does FS Commander say? Possibly it needs the FS folder access or something else, not only the FSUIPC interface (which WideClient is certainly providing).

If you want to test WideFS, try one of the additional little utilities provided in the FSUIPC package -- TrafficLook or WeatherSet2, for example. These only need the FSUIPC interface, no direct FS access.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

In the meantime I found out that running FS9 in window-mode makes me see the "Wideserver: 1 connected" text allright. So now I have this situation: both my server and my client gives the message "Connected" in the tittlebars of FS9 and WideCient.exe. But all the same I have this error "Unable to connect to FS" when I try to cinnect FS Vommander 7.5 (on my client) to FS9 (on my server).

I have the latest registered version of FSUIPC (ver 3.52)

I have the latest registered version of WideFS (ver 6.51)

My Wideserver.log looks like this:

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 6.51] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 03/01/06, Time 16:55:24.296: Server name is STATIONÆR

38312 Initialising TCP/IP server

38359 Initialising IPX/SPX server

38359 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10047] Address family not supported by protocol family

38359 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

40078 Broadcasting service every 1 mSecs

40609 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=2704)

40640 Connected to computer "PRESSARIO700" running WideClient version 6.510 (skt=2704)

My WideClient.log like this:

********* WideClient Log [version 6.51] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 08/01/06, Time 16:55:06.862: Client name is PRESSARIO700

280 Attempting to connect now

1282 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

2313 Attempting to connect now

16904 Server = STATION R

16914Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.10

16924 Connection made okay!

I'll be very glad if you could help me!

Best Regards

Lars

But all the same I have this error "Unable to connect to FS" when I try to cinnect FS Vommander 7.5 (on my client) to FS9 (on my server).

The log for Wideclient shows no attempt at all by any program to connect to FS. Both logs show WideFS running fine, but no program using them.

Regards,

Pete

Sorry, making the last logfile I forgot to connect FS Commander after srating FS9 (on server) and WideClien (on client). I have done this now and this is the results:

My WideClient.log file:********* WideClient Log [version 6.51] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 08/01/06, Time 18:20:11.633: Client name is PRESSARIO700

421 Attempting to connect now

441 Server = STATION R

451 Trying TCP/IP host "STATIONÆR" port 8002 ...

451Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.10

461 Connection made okay!

62550 New Client Application: "FSC75" (Id=524)

My WideServer.log file:********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 6.51] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 08/01/06, Time 18:55:24.296: Server name is STATIONÆR

38312 Initialising TCP/IP server

38359 Initialising IPX/SPX server

38359 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10047] Address family not supported by protocol family

38359 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

40078 Broadcasting service every 1 mSecs

40609 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=2704)

40640 Connected to computer "PRESSARIO700" running WideClient version 6.510 (skt=2704)

1175406 Error 10053: client socket disconnected at Client: removing (skt=2704)

5130140 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=2736)

5130172 Connected to computer "PRESSARIO700" running WideClient version 6.510 (skt=2736)

Hope this helps

BR

Lars

(Do not be surprised regarding the last Wideserver.log's date; my PC date was wrong and was corrected before this log was made)

Sorry, making the last logfile I forgot to connect FS Commander after srating FS9 (on server) and WideClien (on client). I have done this now and this is the results:

62550 New Client Application: "FSC75" (Id=524)

First, you said "I have the latest registered version of FSUIPC (ver 3.52)", but the latest is actually 3.53. Did you purchase your registration in 2006 by any chance? If so you need to update FSUIPC. Please see the announcements in this Forum.

Otherwise:

I'm not sure about FSC75. The only FS commander I have listed as accredited for use with FSUIPC is simply called "FSC.EXE".

Have you tried contacting FS Commander support at all? It is looking as if you need to. I really don't know what that program is doing.

And did you follow my advice and check the WideFs connection? I said:

If you want to test WideFS, try one of the additional little utilities provided in the FSUIPC package -- TrafficLook or WeatherSet2, for example. These only need the FSUIPC interface, no direct FS access

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Since my version 3.52 was from ultimo december 2005 I was convinced that this was indeed the latest version.

Obviously it's VERY important to have the latest versions of FSUIPC and WideFS because now my FSC (FlightSim Commander) do connect allright.

Thank you very much for your help and sorry about all the trouble.

Best Regards

Lars

Since my version 3.52 was from ultimo december 2005 I was convinced that this was indeed the latest version.

Obviously it's VERY important to have the latest versions of FSUIPC and WideFS because now my FSC (FlightSim Commander) do connect allright.

The difference between 3.52 and 3.53 is that 3.53 accepts registrations purchased in 2006. Please check the first important announcement at the top of this Forum. You must have only purchased the Keys recently -- in the Emailed receipt you got from SimMarket, didn't it tell you you needed 3.53 or later? I'm sure they have amended their notifications.

The explanation is in the Announcement.

Regards,

Pete

I purchased FSUIPC in december 2003 and WideFS four days ago. What SimMarket says about FSUIPC in relation to the use of WideFS is this:

Note that this version of WideFS needs Version 3 (or later) of FSUIPC, and will not work until it is registered by entering the access key into the registration page in FSUIPC’s on-line options.

The above quote is from the webpage. The e-mail from SimMarket did not mention anything about FSUIPC version number. I can mail it to you if you want.

BR

Lars

I purchased FSUIPC in december 2003 and WideFS four days ago. What SimMarket says about FSUIPC in relation to the use of WideFS is this:

No, not that part. I have done all I can. On Jan 1st 2006 I asked them to put the warning in the notifications or receipts (preferably both) that any key (WideFS or FSUIPC) registered in 2006 needs version FSUIPC 3.53 or later.

The explanation is in the Announcement at the top of this forum which I put up the same day.

I have confirmation that they do warn folks in the receipts they send for FSUIPC, but are you saying there was no mention in the one for WideFS? I need to know, so that I can ask them to rectify this. Check both the receipt for your payment and the Key notification -- i.e. two different emails.

Regards,

Pete