The simFlight Network Forums

Had Registered version 3.48 now no longer accessable Help

I have version 3.48 which was registered. I had a new graphics card installed, and now I no longer have a registered version. I tryied to enter the original key number that I received, but was rejected as not valid.

Questions:

1. Did this go from a registered to unregistered version because I changed my graphics card?

2. When I initially purchased the registered version I had a different e-mail address which FSUIPC window in FS9 will not allow me to change.

Is this a problem?

3. Is it possible to correct this situation without having to purchase a new registration?

Thank you.

Warren

Hi Warren,

most of the times when the registration details are not accepted a simple typo or similar is the cause. The email adress in FSUIPC has no other function than identifying you, the user. So of course you must enter the adress you had when you registered. All details (name, email, reg-key) must be exactly the same as in the notification mail you got on purchase. Best is to copy and paste the data from that mail or from the FSUIPC.key file which you hopefully have a backup copy of or from your account on simmarket.

The change of a graphic card should not make your FSUIPC unregistered unless you have also reinstalled windows.

And you won't have to purchase a new registration since yours is valid for all 3.XX versions of FSUIPC.

Regards,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
I have version 3.48 which was registered. I had a new graphics card installed, and now I no longer have a registered version.

FSUIPC has absolutely no knowledge of what video system you have, nor does it need to know. the registration is held in a file called FSUIPC.KEY in the FS Modules folder. If that is still there are staill the same then it cannot become "unregistered" unless you re-installed windows or rolled back to a copy of the registry pre-dating your original registration.

In either of the latter two cases, just re-register with EXACTLY the same information as before -- cut and paste it from the FSUIPC.KEY file (which you can open in any text editor) for ease and accuracy.

I tryied to enter the original key number that I received, but was rejected as not valid.

You got something wrong, then. Your name and email must also be EXACTLY as originally entered!

1. Did this go from a registered to unregistered version because I changed my graphics card?

No, that is entirely irrelevant.

2. When I initially purchased the registered version I had a different e-mail address which FSUIPC window in FS9 will not allow me to change.

Is this a problem?

No, the registration is tiued to the ORIGINAL name and email, not any new one.

3. Is it possible to correct this situation without having to purchase a new registration?

Yes, just enter the details correctly.

Also, please update to FSUIPC 3.53, the only currently supported version. your 3.48 is well out of date and is not supported.

Pete