The simFlight Network Forums

Key for:FSFlightMax NOS/GEO Chart Viewer

This program, FSFlightMax NOS/GEO Chart Viewer, is an OLD one from John Hnidec. It is intended for owners of the formerly-payware program FSFlightMax, which was released by SimSystems to the freeware domain back in 2003.

The program works for reading AeroPlanner NOS/GEO charts, but when one tries to connect to Flight Simulator for the aircraft position, the formerly-freeware FSUIPC looks for a licence key.

Would it be possible to provide a key for the fsflightmax_nosgeo_viewer.exe program, to accompany the keys you have provided for FSGarmin and FSFlightMax from the same developer (Simsystems)?

Thank you, Pete

- Jeff

Would it be possible to provide a key for the fsflightmax_nosgeo_viewer.exe program, to accompany the keys you have provided for FSGarmin and FSFlightMax from the same developer (Simsystems)?

I need some information about the file. Send me an email (petedowson@btconnect.com) containing:

1. The EXE name

2. The "Product Name"

3. The "Company"

Both the latter are from the Version Info -- right-click on the EXE in Explorer and select Properties-Version.

If those fields aren't present it may not be possible to enable free access for it.

Pete

:shock:

Some Windows programs are SO OLD that the Version tab does not show up in the Explorer Properties dialog box!

But here's what I can glean from the .ini and license.txt files contained in the .zip file:

The EXE name is:

fsflightmax_nosgeo_viewer.exe

The product name is:

FSFlightMax NOS/GEO Chart Viewer

and the company WAS:

Copyright © 2002 Sim Systems Pty Ltd

I will also send this information to your email as you requested.

Thanks again!

- Jeff

Some Windows programs are SO OLD that the Version tab does not show up in the Explorer Properties dialog box!

I'm sorry, but if there is no version info there there is no way it was gain free access to FSUIPC. The whole license checking process revolves around automatically reading that data when the program connects.

The only answer for such programs is to purchase a user registration key for FSUIPC. Most users find this quite worthwhile in any case, for access to the facilities it provides.

Regards,

Pete