The simFlight Network Forums

Landing gear lights with Simkits Multicontroller

Hi Peter,

I'm using Simkits for almost everything in my sim and right now I am in the process of wiring up all my sub panel items.

When I look at the documentation from Simkits for the multi controller, in the list of output assignments, I see that there is a gear busy indicator, a gear down indicator and seperate gear position indicators for nose, left and right.

I have 3 green and 3 red LEDs that I want to connect to my multicontroller, but I am not sure which assignments that I should be using. Can you explain a little further how these outputs work please?

It would be very nice if I can get all the LEDs working with a delay between selecting up and down on the gear lever by using the output from FS9 and fsuipc rather than just connecting the LEDs to a switch and seeing them change immediately upon using the gear lever.

Best Regards, Dean

I have 3 green and 3 red LEDs that I want to connect to my multicontroller, but I am not sure which assignments that I should be using. Can you explain a little further how these outputs work please?

I'm afraid I can't advise on hardware programming it -- SimKits needs to do that, but the three reds and greens can and should be operated easily from the three indications in FSUIPC offsets 0BEC, 0BF0 and 0BF2, as documented in the FSUIPC SDK.

It would be very nice if I can get all the LEDs working with a delay between selecting up and down on the gear lever by using the output from FS9 and fsuipc rather than just connecting the LEDs to a switch and seeing them change immediately upon using the gear lever.

You don't need any artificial delay -- the gear positions in those offsets show when the separate gears are fully down (16383) = green, and fully up (0) = off, else they are in transit, = red.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for the info Pete,

Unfortunately, no one has done this yet with a Simkits Multicontroller, and it's a little unclear from the documentation which assignment to use.

I guess it will be down to some good old experimentation.

All the best,

Dean

Unfortunately, no one has done this yet with a Simkits Multicontroller, and it's a little unclear from the documentation which assignment to use.

I'm afraid I don't know their software. What sort of "assignments" can you do? If you cannot test values in FSUIPC offsets then I don't think you can use it. You'd need to be able to differentiate between 0 (off), 16383 (hex 3FFF, green) and any other value (red).

Regards

Pete

As Pete says, reading the offsets he mentioned will give you the right "up", "down" or "in motion" reading to properly activate your LED's without you needing to build in an artificial delay. (Such a built in delay might be wrong anyway - what if the gear jams? You would still get a gear down indication!)

I don't know about SimKits and how it reads offsets, but if you look at my FSEicas freeware application (It's in the file library at Avsim) you'll see the gear lights - they illuminate based on the actual gear position from MSFS, and are read by a simple Visual Basic routine reading from FSUIPC.

Richard

Hi,

When replying to Rotodyne's "considering learning to code for this - need help" thread, I posted code fragments for just that: getting nose, right and left gear positions. It is Delphi, but not that much different from VB. Take a look at it.

Best regards,

Bruno