The simFlight Network Forums

Pro Pedal problem - related to FSUIPC ?

Hi,

I'm using the CH's FlightSim Yoke, Pro Pedals and Quadrant Throttle (all USB) in FS2004.

I experience a strange problem right now with my CH Pro Pedals. Something has happened to the behavior of my right brake. It does not function anymore:

When I press the right pedal down the red sign in the left down corner saying "DIFFERENTIAL BRAKES" is flickering a few miliseconds, and then dissapear and the right brake does not function.

The left brake is steady and do function ok.

I have assigned the controls within the FS9 and it worked ok yesterday!?!? What happened??? :?

I dont think its a hardware problem because:

1) The pedals reacts completely normal when I test them in the calibration program within FS9.

2) I have tried to assign the rigth brake to a throttle on the yoke with exactly the same result.

Is it not right to conclude that this cant be a hardware problem (broken wire or something)?

Could this problem somhow be related to FSUIPC? What could I check in FSUIPC if so ?

Does anybody has an idea to a solution?

Best Regards

Lars

I have assigned the controls within the FS9 and it worked ok yesterday!?!? What happened??? :?

If there's been no software change, then it must be a hardware problem. However, first just re-check the FS assignments first. In particular, in FS's Options-Controls-Sensitivities check that the sensitivity slider is full right and the null zone slider full left. Sometimes I think FS2004 changes those.

1) The pedals reacts completely normal when I test them in the calibration program within FS9.

There's no calibration program within FS9. When you select calibration in FS is takes you out to the standard Windows calibration. If, indeed, that does show things are okay, but it doesn't respond correctly in FS9, then the most likely problem is the FS sensitivity setting as mentioned above.

I have tried to assign the rigth brake to a throttle on the yoke with exactly the same result.

How do you assign a pedal to the yoke? They are two separate devices, right?

Could this problem somhow be related to FSUIPC? What could I check in FSUIPC if so ?

Have you registered FSUIPC and used it to do things with the joystick? If not then FSUIPC won't be touching it at all. If so, and you have been messing with it and don't know what you've done, just start again -- delete the FSUIPC.INI file from your FS Modules folder so that it starts with no options set and no joysticks calibrated.

However, note that, unless you are using the Axis Assignments in the interim version (3.536), FSUIPC does not deal with joystick axes as such, only with FS axis controls. So if the right brake was being handled through FSUIPC, this would not also mean the throttle was too. When you re-assigned the pedal axis and got the same result you actually more or less proved it couldn't be FSUIPC and very likely is not FS either.

One last thing to check in FS is that you haven't got multiple assignments for the same axis or control, in the different joysticks list. In FS's Options-Controls-Assignments, select each joystick device in turn, via the drop-down, and check the entire list of axis assignments for each.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Pete,

I popped in here with pretty much the same problem the other fella described. My brakes worked fine yesterday, I registered my copy of FSUICP and now they don't work.

I've just begun my process of trouble shooting here, but my first inclination is that FSUICP is doing something despite my not touching anything within FSUICP yet. I'd be surprised if my hardware suddenly stopped working, afterall it works fine in the Windows calibration and it works fine in other games.

I'm now going to start grinding away at this but I just wanted to give you some initial feedback that FSUICP does seem to be influencing how my hardware in interacting with FS.

I just wanted to give you some initial feedback that FSUICP does seem to be influencing how my hardware in interacting with FS.

FSUIPC doesn't touch anything unless you ask it to. Just delete the FSUIPC.INI file in the FS Modules folder. It sounds like you have made a bit of a mess of the settings. By default none of the joystick, button of keypress programming options are active.

Regards,

Pete

I've been doing a bit more fiddling and I've seen two more phenomenon worth nothing. First, when I exit a a flight and re-start another one (from the create flight menu) I get a dialogue box asking me if I want to end my flight. When I click continue it sends me back to the flight I was just on, engines on, just like it does if you crash not that I know what that's like :oops:. If I click "end flight" I go back to the same create flight menu but when I click it a second time I go in just fine.

The other things I've noticed is when I click on the Kneeboard I get two of them up each time but they're two different versions, which can be deduced by the fact that the radio logs are different. The one on top doesn't update but the one under does.

I've deleted the ini file, although I'm not sure I understanding the point seeing as I hadn't touched the settings, but I've done it anyway. I'm going to see if I can recreate the issue.

edit: I've duplicated the brake bug. I'd deleted the ini file and changed one thing - the wind smoothing options. I loaded in with the PSS A320, taxied around a bit. Exited, came back in with a LevelD 767 and had the brake issue. I've tried two other planes, the default Beach and the default 172, no brake issue. I've tried multiple 767 varients and they show the same thing. I'll start working on the LD to see what's up there.

I've been doing a bit more fiddling and I've seen two more phenomenon worth nothing. First, when I exit a a flight and re-start another one (from the create flight menu) I get a dialogue box asking me if I want to end my flight. When I click continue it sends me back to the flight I was just on, engines on, just like it does if you crash not that I know what that's like :oops:. If I click "end flight" I go back to the same create flight menu but when I click it a second time I go in just fine.

The other things I've noticed is when I click on the Kneeboard I get two of them up each time but they're two different versions, which can be deduced by the fact that the radio logs are different. The one on top doesn't update but the one under does.

All that is very interesting, but none of it really can be at all to do with anything of mine. You've got something in a mess there. I suggest you review everything you've installed or changed recently and try to undo them one by one until you find it. Either that, or re-install FS altogether and start again.

The fact that you are getting two of some things seems to imply you may have some duplication or other odd things installed in your modules folder. You haven't been messing with anything there have you? Most of the DLLs are essential parts of FS and shouldn't be changed, and certainly nothing should be renamed or duplicated.

For general advice and help with FS2004 I suggest you visit the FS2004 Forum.

Regards,

Pete

Hey Pete, the only thing I've changed or added in the last several months is a registered version of FSUIPC and an upgrade to 3.53. I added 3.53 last night before I went to bed, ordered the registration, woke up this morning and registered, did a flight in a DH3, did another in the 767 and the three issues I've menetioned showed up. I'll try removing 3.53 and see what happens.

edit: I rolled back to FSUIPC 3.44 (and deleted the files FSUIPC makes) and the end flight and the kneeboard bugs went away. Interesting, eh? I reinstalled 3.53 and registered it they've stayed away. The brake bug persisted with an unregistered 3.53 and registered 3.53. I'll try reinstalling the LD767 and see what happens. It's not looking like that had anything directly to do with FSUIPC but the fact that my other bugs went away when I rolled back is surprising based on what you said above.

I'll leave you alone now but if I manage to resolve the matter I'll get back to you and let you know what happened so someone else who might encounter it can at least search for a solution.

edit #2: Yup, uninstalling and reinstalling LevelD did it. It also, interestingly, set my FSUIPC to unregistered and I had to register again. So now everything's right in the world. I'm surprised that installing 3.53 and registering it would have an affect on the LevelD and I'm surprised that installing the LevelD had an affect on the registration state of FSUIPC 3.53. Not something I would have predicted.