The simFlight Network Forums

WIDEFS register problem :-((

A year ago I registered FSUIPC. Recently I bought WideFS. My e-mail address however has changed in the meantime. In trying to register WideFS, FSUIPC insists on using my old e-mail address, which does not match with the new registration key I got for WideFS. How can I register WideFS using my new e-mail address?

Pete Dowson

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:45 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with WideFS registration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brahms wrote:

A year ago I registered FSUIPC. Recently I bought WideFS. My e-mail address however has changed in the meantime. In trying to register WideFS, FSUIPC insists on using my old e-mail address, which does not match with the new registration key I got for WideFS. How can I register WideFS using my new e-mail address?

You should really have told SimMarket beforehand and they would have matched it for you. However, as it is, if you send the receipts for both registrations to me at petedowson@btconnect.com I can replace the older FSUIPC one, then you can start again (delete the FSUIPC.KEY file from the FS Modules folder) and register both with your new address.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Mister Dowson

dont get me wrong but i dont think this is right!

I have the exact problem as he has. bought FSUIPC about 3 years ago.

Today i was really happy to have my new key in the mail and then this.

If it would be freeware then you could say, i really should tell, but i paid for this and i think you and simmarket should really tell about the strange system they use. (e-mail change not possible)

so i am gonna send you both my keys and hope to get new ones.

Thanks

regards

Daniel

dont get me wrong but i dont think this is right!

What is "not right"?

I have the exact problem as he has. bought FSUIPC about 3 years ago. Today i was really happy to have my new key in the mail and then this.

If by "this" you mean FSUIPC not liking it that your identity (as far as my program registration is concerned) has changed, why is that "not right"? FSUIPC performs the registration for both itself and WideFS (WideFS is only an extension of FSUIPC, after all). Its only way of identifying you precisely is by your entered name and email address.

I prefer this to the method many payware systems use, based on your computer system, because that needs updating if you change your computer, or even enhance it significantly, and also restricts your use of the products to one PC. In my view, if you paid for my software, you can use it whereber you like. Would you really rather a more restrictive system?

If it would be freeware then you could say, i really should tell, but i paid for this and i think you and simmarket should really tell about the strange system they use. (e-mail change not possible)

Well, I fail to see what is so strange, and in any case no one ever said an e-mail change was not possible. Both Simmarket and myself have done this directly, on request, for the relatively few times it has arisen. It doesn't happen that often that it's a problem.

And as for information about this need, it does actually say this in the FSUIPC document, in the section early on about entering registrations:

WideFS registration follows an identical procedure and can be done at the same time. Please note that your name and address details must be identical for both, and, in fact, will be copied for you by FSUIPC when you press the Register WideFS button. But the access key will always be different. It, too, is saved in the FSUIPC.KEY file.

Maybe you missed this?

so i am gonna send you both my keys and hope to get new ones.

That's fine, it is what I would advise you to do, though I would only need to replace one of the Keys -- your choice.

Note that, since I am not SimMarket and have no records of your registrations, I normally ask for you to include the original notifications from SimMarket so that I can process them properly. In this case, if you've already sent details without I'll see if I can check them here anyway.

Regards,

Pete

:D

Hello Mister Dowson

thanks for your comment, i think you are some how right :oops:

and what you makes even more sympahtic then the nice smile on the picture is, that you already solved the problem :shock:

I would like to say sorry about my direct writing, and say many thanks for your work! :D

Its just sad that not all companies have a costumer service like i have seen tonight!!! But hey somewhere must be a diffrence :wink:

Sorry again and have a nice evening

Regards

Daniel