The simFlight Network Forums

Flap Possition

Hello

I want to use one switch for each possition of the flap lever.

In the FSUIPC i found only for UP - DOWN - 1 - 2 and 3 possition

How can i give the order to the switch to make the 4 and 5 place.

I Use the 777 airplane

777 position FSUIPC orders

---------------------------------

position UP--------------FlapUp OK

position 1---------------Flap1 OK

Position 5---------------Flap2 OK

Position 15--------------Flap3 OK

Position 20--------------?????

Position 25--------------?????

Position 30--------------FlapDOWN OK

Also the FSUIPC have and the follow orders for the flap:

FlapsDetent Set

FlapsSet

But I don`t know how i use the two orders and i don`t know what they do.

And i don`t want use the orders FlapInc and FlapDec.

I want to use specific flap position in every move of my flap lever.

Best Regards

Lambis

http://www.projectmagenta.com/~lambis777project/

Hello

I want to use one switch for each possition of the flap lever.

In the FSUIPC i found only for UP - DOWN - 1 - 2 and 3 possition

How can i give the order to the switch to make the 4 and 5 place.

I Use the 777 airplane

777 position FSUIPC orders

---------------------------------

position UP--------------FlapUp OK

position 1---------------Flap1 OK

Position 5---------------Flap2 OK

Position 15--------------Flap3 OK

Position 20--------------?????

Position 25--------------?????

Position 30--------------FlapDOWN OK

Also the FSUIPC have and the follow orders for the flap:

FlapsDetent Set

FlapsSet

But I don`t know how i use the two orders and i don`t know what they do.

Best Regards

Lambis

http://www.projectmagenta.com/~lambis777project/

I want to use one switch for each possition of the flap lever. In the FSUIPC i found only for UP - DOWN - 1 - 2 and 3 possition

FSUIPC can only list the controls provided by FS. In fact the list you see is extracted at run time from FS's "Controls.dll" -- the names are from there too. FSUIPC just adds things for PM and KeySend.

In that case you have to use an axis input (Flaps Set is one such and suitable). See the Joystick section, and how to assign a Flaps control in the Advanced users guide. "FLAPS_SET" is not assignable in the FS CFG (at least not without patching CONTROLS.DLL as explained in my FS2002 controls document) so FSUIPC allows mapping from any assignable axis control.

If you have no spare axis, only a set of buttons, then you could try assigning the Buttons to the Flaps Set axis, and setting the Parameter there to the correct values to ensure correct flap selection -- in the Flaps section of the Joystick page you will see the increment needed for your aircraft when it is loaded. If it says "2047" for instance you would set flap parameters 0, 2047, 4094, and so on, or something like that. You'll need to experiment to see if you can make this work, I've never tried it myself.

Keep us informed.

Regards,

Pete

I want to use one switch for each possition of the flap lever. In the FSUIPC i found only for UP - DOWN - 1 - 2 and 3 possition

FSUIPC can only list the controls provided by FS. In fact the list you see is extracted at run time from FS's "Controls.dll" -- the names are from there too. FSUIPC just adds things for PM and KeySend.

In that case you have to use an axis input (Flaps Set is one such and suitable). See the Joystick section, and how to assign a Flaps control in the Advanced users guide. "FLAPS_SET" is not assignable in the FS CFG (at least not without patching CONTROLS.DLL as explained in my FS2002 controls document) so FSUIPC allows mapping from any assignable axis control.

If you have no spare axis, only a set of buttons, then you could try assigning the Buttons to the Flaps Set axis, and setting the Parameter there to the correct values to ensure correct flap selection -- in the Flaps section of the Joystick page you will see the increment needed for your aircraft when it is loaded. If it says "2047" for instance you would set flap parameters 0, 2047, 4094, and so on, or something like that. You'll need to experiment to see if you can make this work, I've never tried it myself.

Keep us informed.

Regards,

Pete

Hi again

Pete wrote:

I check it but show me the same number in every possition i place.(Incr 2730).

for flap up to put 0,2730,5460 for flap1 1,2730,5460 and so on?

change only the first number?

Lambis

Hi again

Pete wrote:

Lambis

What does, what positions? If you mean the increment shown in FSUIPC's Flaps section, then what you are reading is the increment -- the difference between each flap position. It is fixed for a fixed number of flap detentes. It only changes if you change to an aircraft with a different number!

Sorry, you've lost me now. Where can you put 3 numbers as parameters? Where are you looking?

The FS flaps control takes a SINGLE (1) number between 0 and 16383. 0 means "no flaps", 16383 means "full flaps". The other positions are spread equally between those two extremes. So for example if there were only 3 positios (0, half and full, say) the parameter values for those would be 0, 8191 and 16383, the increment being 8191. Just extend this for the number of positions you want.

Pete

What does, what positions? If you mean the increment shown in FSUIPC's Flaps section, then what you are reading is the increment -- the difference between each flap position. It is fixed for a fixed number of flap detentes. It only changes if you change to an aircraft with a different number!

Sorry, you've lost me now. Where can you put 3 numbers as parameters? Where are you looking?

The FS flaps control takes a SINGLE (1) number between 0 and 16383. 0 means "no flaps", 16383 means "full flaps". The other positions are spread equally between those two extremes. So for example if there were only 3 positios (0, half and full, say) the parameter values for those would be 0, 8191 and 16383, the increment being 8191. Just extend this for the number of positions you want.

Pete