The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC- GoFlight T8 -PMDG 747

´m a user of this items and so far very satisfyed. One problem remains:the GoFlight T8 unit. I want to use this unit for the various lights of the PMDG 747. Up to now I did not find a solution. Is is possible to use FSUIPC for that? Can I assign specific commands for wing-lights, beacon, nav-l., taxi-l. and so on?

thanks in advance for assistance

Bernhard (LSZH)

´m a user of this items and so far very satisfyed. One problem remains:the GoFlight T8 unit. I want to use this unit for the various lights of the PMDG 747. Up to now I did not find a solution. Is is possible to use FSUIPC for that? Can I assign specific commands for wing-lights, beacon, nav-l., taxi-l. and so on?

Does the PMDG aircraft not use the FS light operation controls? Did you try those in the Buttons FS controls drop down? You'll find controls for:

* Landing lights

* Panel lights

* Toggle beacon lights

* Toggle cabin lights

* Toggle logo lights

* Toggle nav lights

* Toggle recognition lights

* Toggle taxi lights

* Toggle wing lights

If these work, you can assign them to your T8 easily in FSUIPC's Buttons page. Unfortunately, the "Toggle" type controls would need synchronising with your switch positions when you start -- the others have On and Off variants so you can program them to be always in sync.

In fact, using FSUIPC "Offset" controls you can implement specific on/off actions for all of these, but it is a little more complicated. I can explain more if you need me to, after you check whether these controls actually work.

If they do not work, then it means PMDG have "done their own thing". Your only option is then to look and see if they have provided a way of having keyboard short-cuts for the switches. I think they do that for many things. If so, then you can assign suitable keypress combinations and program your T8 switches through FSUIPC's Buttons section, but using the left-hand side, to program the correct key presses.

The other thing to look for is whether GoFlight have themselves published an interface module to work the PMDG aircraft directly.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

PMDG 747 does not use the FS light operation controls and up to know I did not get a list of key commands. As far as I know GoFlight nor PMDG did issued interfaces. The main problem is now to find a list of key commands for the light controls of PMDG 747. If someone have it, please let me know.

thanks in between

Bernhard (LSZH)

PMDG 747 does not use the FS light operation controls and up to know I did not get a list of key commands. As far as I know GoFlight nor PMDG did issued interfaces. The main problem is now to find a list of key commands for the light controls of PMDG 747.

If they have not bothered to provide keyboard controls for these switches, only mouse, then the only way I know of would be to operate the on-screen switches using something like Luciano Napolitano's Key2Mouse program.

Regards,

Pete