The simFlight Network Forums

Programs And Scenery Communication

How can I make communication between programs and scenery and what am I able to do with it?

Not knowing anything really about scenery design, I'm not sure what you could or want to do with it, I suppose that's up to the imagination. As far as actually communicating between them, all I know about are the few variables which you can access (read and write I assume) in scenery files which are mapped to FSUIPC offsets for aplications also to access. See the FSUIPC SDK for more details. (Get this from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson).

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I found Scenery BGL variable “sparXX” offset, but didnt really found an explanation on really what this is or how I work with it. Can someone help?

I don't think any of the "sparXX" offsets work in FS2004 in any case. Are you writing for FS2002 or before?

The only ones common to FS98-FS2004 are the "usr" ones (offsets 0DD6 to 0DDE).

I am sorry but I have no idea how you'd use them. I would guess that in the BGL for a scenery you can read and write these variables, and in an application program interfacing to FSUIPC you can do so too -- hence communication between the scenery and application programs.

Regards,

Pete