The simFlight Network Forums

switching TrafficLook by joystick-keysend

Hi Pete!

I've tried almost everything to switch TrafficLook between "GroundTraffic only" and "Airborne only" by Joystick-button via WideFS (keySend)

TrafficLook runs on notebook, but whilst using the ALT-F -Key on FS-Computer to get the TrafficLook-menu, the notebook always hangs up:-(

Is there a way to switch between the 2 modes of TrafficLook WITHOUT using the dangerous ALT-Key?

Any other hotkeys perhaps?

Thanks,

Gunnar

I've tried almost everything to switch TrafficLook between "GroundTraffic only" and "Airborne only" by Joystick-button via WideFS (keySend)

TrafficLook runs on notebook, but whilst using the ALT-F -Key on FS-Computer to get the TrafficLook-menu, the notebook always hangs up:-(

Really? Where does it hang? Does it open the TrafficLook menu? Are you sure you are directing the keypresses specifically enough? Is ALT+F a hotkey for something else on that PC?

Is there a way to switch between the 2 modes of TrafficLook WITHOUT using the dangerous ALT-Key?

No. It's an odd request actually, I've never received any requests for TrafficLook -- it was only realy intended as a demo program in any case.

You can run it twice of course, once with Airborne selected and once with Ground selected, then either arrange them side-by-side, or switch bwetween them.

Regards,

Pete

Does it open the TrafficLook menu? Are you sure you are directing the keypresses specifically enough? Is ALT+F a hotkey for something else on that PC?

Yes- the menu opens. But after the second key (in this case G or T) the notebook hangs.

KeySend1 ist set to ALT-F

KeySend2 ist set to key G

The ALT-F-combination doesn't exist on the notebook!

You can run it twice of course, once with Airborne selected and once with Ground selected, then either arrange them side-by-side, or switch bwetween them.

Oh...good idea. I'll do this if i can't fix the problem.

Regards,

Gunnar

Yes- the menu opens. But after the second key (in this case G or T) the notebook hangs.

KeySend1 ist set to ALT-F

KeySend2 ist set to key G

Hmmmvery odd -- the whole system, or just one program? If so which? How are you directing the keystrokes? WideClient offsers several methods.

Regards,

Pete

Hmmmvery odd -- the whole system, or just one program? If so which? How are you directing the keystrokes? WideClient offsers several methods.

WideFs hangs, and sometimes also the whole system. The notebook has got a brandnew WinXP-installation (only 1 week old, after HDD-crash some weeks before), the WinXP-nstallation cannot be the reason.

Entry in WideClient.ini:

RunReady1=X:\trafficlook.exe

KeySend1=70,12,RunReady1

KeySend2=84,8,RunReady1

KeySend3=70,12,RunReady1

KeySend4=71,8,RunReady1

Perhaps something wrong with the parameters behind the ASCII-codes?

Regards,

Gunnar

Perhaps something wrong with the parameters behind the ASCII-codes?

No, but I still don't have enough information. You are feeding me just one thing at a time! ;-)

There is an option which may change things: PostKeys. Try setting the to Yes if you have it as No, or omitted.

Let me know.

I'm afraid I won't be able to try what you are doing now till Monday.

Regards,

Pete

No, but I still don't have enough information. You are feeding me just one thing at a time! ;-)

There is an option which may change things: PostKeys. Try setting the to Yes if you have it as No, or omitted.

Tried this also - no difference. I'll post the WideClient.ini and WideServer.ini on Monday, or do you need more?

Good night,

Gunnar

Hi Pete!

Sorry for delay - here are my WideFs-Files:

WIDECLIENT.INI

=============

[Config]

Port=8002

UseTCPIP=Yes

ServerIPAddr=192.168.178.222

Window=32000,32000,160,34

Visible=Yes

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

PollInterval=2000

ResponseTime=18

ApplicationDelay=0

TCPcoalesce=No

WaitForNewData=500

MaxSendQ=100

OnMaxSendQ=Log

NewSendScanTime=50

Priority=3,1,2

ActionKeys=Yes

PostKeys=no

; -----------------------------------------------

[user]

Log=Errors+

RunReady1=X:\fs9\modules\trafficlook.exe

RunReady2=X:\fs9\fsmeteo\fs_meteo.exe

RunReady3=X:\fs9\modules\weatherset.exe

;RunReady4=D:\fstools\sb3\squawkbox.exe

CloseReady1=Yes

CloseReady2=Yes

CloseReady3=Yes

KeySend1=70,12,RunReady1

KeySend2=84,8,RunReady1

KeySend3=70,12,RunReady1

KeySend4=71,8,RunReady1

ShowRxFrameRate=yes

WIDESERVER.INI

================

[Config]

Port=8002

AutoRestart=0

AutoUpdateTime=13

MaximumBlock=4096

NoStoppedRestarts=Yes

RestartTime=10

SendTimeout=15

TCPcoalesce=No

AdvertiseService=Yes

; -----------------------------------------------

[user]

Log=Errors+

[ClientNames]

1=NOTEBOOK

2=SHUTTLE

Do You need more?

Regards,Gunnar

Do You need more?

No. I have reproduced the problems here.

It looks like Windows cannot handle either the record/playback or PostMessage systems for keys which cause programs to change from modeless to modal (as when entering menus). I have tried tracing it, and using Spy to check on the progress of the messages into the program, and Windows gets itself knotted and all of them screw up.

The logic in WideClient is fine, it is definitely sending all the right things. I'm afraid there doesn't appear to be any solutionunless:

The only way which seems to work is the directionless "SendInput" method, as I use in FS itself from FSUIPC. For this you'd have to leave off the "RunReady1" parts on the KeySend lines, and specify UseSendInput.

The problem with that is that you must be sure to leave Traffic Look with the keyboard focus, otherwise the keystrokes will go elsewhere.

My advise is to have both ground and airborne displays on view, side by side, as set up in the default INI I supply.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete!

Thank You very much for your help !

Ok, I'll do it by Your way: 2 TrafficLook, one for ground, the other for airborne. That should work fine.

And last not least: I want to thank You for FSUIPC. This great tool expands the possibilities of FS and its hardware: Oh yes, after phases of testing and playing with compound-programming of joysticks it is so easy to get several views (cockpit, extern, all directions) with only 3 buttons!

Regards,

Gunnar