The simFlight Network Forums

Wide FS Set Up For FS9

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question but here goes anyway.

I've set up Wide FS on my Laptop but it doesn't seem to be conecting to FS9,I fly online with BAV and use their OSP for flight plans,in that OSP you can send flight plans on line to your parent PC where FS9 & FS Nav & FSUPC are all loaded.

Iv'e followed the instructions and placed the two relevent files in a dedicated folder called Wide Client and when FS9 is running it connects but i'm unable to send my plans to FS Nav via the modules folder.

Have i missed something out.

Iv'e followed the instructions and placed the two relevent files in a dedicated folder called Wide Client and when FS9 is running it connects but i'm unable to send my plans to FS Nav via the modules folder.

Have i missed something out.

Please check the documentation! WideFS is just an extension to the FSUIPC interface for applications talking to FS.

FSNav doesn't use FSUIPC.

The modules folder is a folder in FS's folder, it is nothing whatsoever to do with anything WideFS does, except that it is where add-in modules for FS, like WideServer.DLL and FSUIPC.DLL (and FSNav.DLL) go.

Are you using ANY program which interfaces to FSUIPC? If not, then WideFS really isn't much use to you. You should read the details of the program before purchase.

From what you are saying, all you are after is a way of transferring files from one place to another. Windows Explorer does that. See "My Network Places" in Windows Explorer, or try mapping a drive to wherever you want your files to go.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete

Thanks for your prompt reply perhaps I've not explained myself properly as I thought that what I was using was an application that needs to talk to FS9 I'm sure iv'e not wasted my money it was on a recomendation from another BAV Pilot that I purchased Wide FS