The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3 problems

I have run into problem with the FSUIPC 3 and need some info or advise. I just purchased the Capt. Sim Legendary F-104 sim. I downloaded the sim into my FS2004 and went to bring it up. The opening page came up with the following error message, "The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC It is 9.01.40901. You need the correct version of FS2004. Check the help about. The correct build is 9.00.30612. FSUIPC will terminate...blah blah". When I uninstalled the F-104, the FS2004 started right up. I checked the FAQ for F-104 ay Capt. Sim and found the question. The tech answer was to go to Schiratti and download the newest FSUIPC. So, away I went and did that. Reinstalled the F-104 and , there was the same error message. Uninstalled the F-104 and FS works just fine. I sent an E mail to the techies ay Capt. Sim. telling them what I had done and the results. They, in turn, sent back a copy of the answer in the FAQ's that I had told them I had used to begin with. Apparently, with Capt. Sim, they are only interested in your money and not in customer satisfaction with their products or supplying any support when there is a problem. So I went back to Schiratti and purchased the FSUIPC 3 as according to the write up and endorsements this utility is the best thing since peanut butter. Surely this beast will fix the install problems. When I paid for it I got an install window and hit the install button. Now, things will be wonderful. I restarted the computer, reinstalled the F-104 and away we go. The FS opening page came up and there is the error message. I uninstalled the F-104 and brought up FS again, and here are the error messages again. So here is what I have, I have a sim that I can't install and a purchased utility that I can't use. The only way to use FS is delete a utility that I just paid for and forget about using the F-104. This means a write off of over $70.00 on trying to have this sim working. I have purchased both the 727 Pro and the Legendary C-130 and had no problems. If anyone can help with this I would really appreciate you giving me a hand with this. I am just short of being computer illiterate but if you speak slowly I will try to follow any suggestions.

Thanks, Swede

Capatain's Sim install isn't very nice it seems -- it sounds like it is installing an old (pre FS2004 update, Sept 2004) edition of FSUIPC and not actually checking whether you have a later version.

Luke is correct. The only way to deal with it is to install the latest FSUIPC after installing the Captain Sim add-on.

This is very good advice for any product, in any case. They rarely come with the latest versions.

Regards,

Pete

Luke, I appreciate the note. I have no idea how to go about overwriting the FSUIPC. Pete, if I need to install the latest FSUIPC then install the F-104 sim, this will envolve, I assume, deleting the FSUIPC 3 that I just purchased from you, reinstalling the F-104, then purchaseing the FSUIPC 3 from you again and installing it. I assumed it installed in the first place as when it came up after I paid with the install cancel page, I hit the install button and it disappeared. I am assuming it self installed in the module folder in FS9. I looked in the module folder but see nothing that has anything saying FSUIPC3. There is a users folder with the download date so I assume it arrived. I read the "if you do not see the dll. please go" but have no idea with XL where the Explorers View menu is to even try to find out. As far as registration, since I can't bring FS2004 up, using the FSUIPC key is a moot point. I have never seen a modules menu ever appear when the FS comes up. It always goes directly to the A/C page. So, bottom line, I am still as confused as before, still without a working FS2004 as I can't get it to work because of the errors and getting really PO over the whole thing. I can't believe anyone would have the nerve to sell a sim for over $40.00 that can't be used without all of this trouble. Again. if there is any help with this that I can do with out a Masters Degree in Computers I would really appreciate it. If not, at least help me to get the FSUIPC off my computer, I'll eat the money I paid for it so I can get FS back up and sell the F-104 to some that wants to fight with it.

Thanks, Swede

Luke, I appreciate the note. I have no idea how to go about overwriting the FSUIPC.

Just open the FSUIPC.Zip you presumably downloaded from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson and copy the FSUIPC DLL into the FS Modules folder. Please PLEASE look inside the Zip and see that there's DOCUMENTATION. Part of the User Documentation, quite near the beginning, is about INSTALLATION, and that tells you this too. That is ALL you have to do, nothing more, nothing less.

Pete, if I need to install the latest FSUIPC then install the F-104 sim, this will envolve, I assume, deleting the FSUIPC 3 that I just purchased from you, reinstalling the F-104, then purchaseing the FSUIPC 3 from you again and installing it.

Of course not! Just copy the later version into the Modules folder. What's all this nonsense about deleting and re-purchasing? I really don't understand where you get such strange ideas from. The FSUIPC.DLL is one little file, it goes into the Modules folder. Just copy the latest version there. And please look out for later versions -- it is updated quite often -- and do the same each time. I don't support old versions in any case!

I assumed it installed in the first place as when it came up after I paid with the install cancel page, I hit the install button and it disappeared. I am assuming it self installed in the module folder in FS9.

Sorry, is this all about Captain Sim stuff? It cannot possibly be about FSUIPC as there's no install button, no install anything. PLEASE just have a look at the documentation! You are simply confusing yourself and making a very very simple thing very complicated.

Again. if there is any help with this that I can do with out a Masters Degree in Computers I would really appreciate it. If not, at least help me to get the FSUIPC off my computer

Now, don't you think you are now just being rather silly? Go read what you just wrote, and kindly be rather embarrassed by it!

If you want to delete it, just delete it. It does NOTHING to your computer, NOTHING to FS, it is simply one little file which sits in the FS Modules folder. Either copy a new one in or simply delete it, it doesn't matter to me. But please don't go on here like a little baby. You don't need any sort of qualification except a little common sense, really. It is nothing to do with computer know-how.

If you have anything more sensible to say or ask I'll be here to help, but otherwise, I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Regards,

Pete