The simFlight Network Forums

Still running v.3.14 sh I buy latest version

Bud,

The pc on which I am runnign the FS9 and FSUIPC v3.14 is not connected to the www. However another pc I ahve is connected. If I download FSUIPC, I would not wish that it tried to install itselfs on the HD of the notebook as there is no FS stuff at all. Will it copy itself to the desktop from where I could put it on a CD and copy it to the other pc where the old FSUIPC version is located?

Thanks

Art

The pc on which I am runnign the FS9 and FSUIPC v3.14 is not connected to the www. However another pc I ahve is connected. If I download FSUIPC, I would not wish that it tried to install itselfs on the HD of the notebook as there is no FS stuff at all. Will it copy itself to the desktop from where I could put it on a CD and copy it to the other pc where the old FSUIPC version is located?

What you download is just a ZIP which contains documentation and the FSUIPC.DLL module itself. All you need to do is copy the DLL from that ZIP into the Modules folder of your FS installation, no matter where it is.

The DLL itself is less than 250 kb in size in any case. You can write it to a CD or even just to a diskette, anyway you like to transfer it.

There is no installer, there are no hidden parts to it. What you see is what you get. Don't delete anything on your FS PC, just copy the update in. Keep an eye on the Announcements here -- there are later versions available here and a list of current version numbers. The next update here is only a few days away, probably Monday.

Regards,

Pete

I am very happy.

The upgraded FSUIPC file seems to ahve solved all my problems which were:

ELITE throttle conflicted with CH On Board Throttle

When advancing power lever, power output became inconsistent 2500 to 1500 rpm) uneven and barely enough to get to Vr

Idle Cut off did not work to lean nor for engine shut down on ELITE Throttle

I followed your instructions and unzipped the file into the fS9 Modules and everythign seems to have fallen into place. I was willing to pay for a new FSUIPC file so thanks very much.

Why was I never asked during unzip to provide the Key that I had securely saved for years since pruchasing the v3.14 file ??

Art, Montreal

Why was I never asked during unzip to provide the Key that I had securely saved for years since pruchasing the v3.14 file ??

Because you didn't purchase 3.14, you purchased a user license to use any version 3.xxx. When you update your FSUIPC you don't delete your previous registration, so why should you have to enter it again?

You need to save the key securely in case you ever delete the registration file (FSUIPC.KEY), or re-install FS or windows, or move to another PC. You don't need it just to update FSUIPC, which, in the past, has happened almost every month!

Regards,

Pete