The simFlight Network Forums

Fix control acceleration ?

Pete in my sim i am using an Epic ISA card and i found the knobs for heading and course very slow to make a 360 degrees change,is it any improvement to make it fastest ?,is control acceleration some relationship to this :?:

Pete in my sim i am using an Epic ISA card and i found the knobs for heading and course very slow to make a 360 degrees change,is it any improvement to make it fastest ?,is control acceleration some relationship to this

No.

Why is it slow? How are you doing it?

I'm sorry, I cannot help with no information.

Pete

Pete in my sim i am using an Epic ISA card and i found the knobs for heading and course very slow to make a 360 degrees change,is it any improvement to make it fastest ?,is control acceleration some relationship to this

No.

Why is it slow? How are you doing it?

I'm sorry, I cannot help with no information.

Pete

I am using 12 poles rotary switches for settings and any turn in the knob generate a pulse for a joy button click,i am using your great epic.vxd

This is my heading bug code:

:HDG_1{ifvar(HDG_SEL,equ,1)HDG_SEL_DEC else HDG_SEL_INC setvar(HDG_SEL,0)}

:HDG_2{ifvar(HDG_SEL,equ,2)HDG_SEL_DEC else HDG_SEL_INC setvar(HDG_SEL,1)}

:HDG_3{ifvar(HDG_SEL,equ,0)HDG_SEL_DEC else HDG_SEL_INC setvar(HDG_SEL,2)}

:HDG_SEL_DEC{nqw(btnpulse,5)}

:HDG_SEL_INC{nqw(btnpulse,6)}

My question is because ussually works slow,but sometimes (a few ones) moves very fast (more real) and i don't know why.

The only setting that always works fast is the altitude setting in the A/P window,(with the same code)

:HDG_1{ifvar(HDG_SEL,equ,1)HDG_SEL_DEC else HDG_SEL_INC setvar(HDG_SEL,0)}

:HDG_2{ifvar(HDG_SEL,equ,2)HDG_SEL_DEC else HDG_SEL_INC setvar(HDG_SEL,1)}

:HDG_3{ifvar(HDG_SEL,equ,0)HDG_SEL_DEC else HDG_SEL_INC setvar(HDG_SEL,2)}

:HDG_SEL_DEC{nqw(btnpulse,5)}

:HDG_SEL_INC{nqw(btnpulse,6)}

A button pulse is actually a bit slow for things like this because it has to send a press, wait for a many milliseconds, then send the release, emulating a normal button pressed and released with a finger. You'd be better of toggling the button state on each 'click'.

Then in FSUIPC program both press and release to do the same thing (assuming you are programming the buttons in FSUIPC -- you don't say). Also make sure you are using the FS controls, NOT the FS keypresses.

My question is because ussually works slow,but sometimes (a few ones) moves very fast (more real) and i don't know why.

Since you don't say how you've programmed the buttons I can't help there.

The only setting that always works fast is the altitude setting in the A/P window,(with the same code)

The only one which should be faster than any of those is the Course (OBI), as there's normally no graphics update going on with it, but you said that was slow too -- I've never seen anything able to slow down the course setting.

If you tell me how you are programming the buttons I may be able to advise further, but it is likely that your main problem is trying to pulse the buttons for a rotary. The pulse facility is meant to reproduce human button pressing so never was fast. The delay with it pressed has to be long enough for FS to be able to recognise it whilst polling (as it used to in EPIC VXD and FS05/98 days).

Regards,

Pete

A button pulse is actually a bit slow for things like this because it has to send a press, wait for a many milliseconds, then send the release, emulating a normal button pressed and released with a finger. You'd be better of toggling the button state on each 'click'.

Then in FSUIPC program both press and release to do the same thing (assuming you are programming the buttons in FSUIPC -- you don't say). Also make sure you are using the FS controls, NOT the FS keypresses.

No Pete i am not using the IPC to program the buttons.

Since you don't say how you've programmed the buttons I can't help there.

I use the epic card with the code i sent and directly to the fs2002.cfg joystick buttons section

If you tell me how you are programming the buttons I may be able to advise further, but it is likely that your main problem is trying to pulse the buttons for a rotary. The pulse facility is meant to reproduce human button pressing so never was fast. The delay with it pressed has to be long enough for FS to be able to recognise it whilst polling (as it used to in EPIC VXD and FS05/98 days).

But wich are the posibilities,button pulse , button repeat and what else ? :shock:

Okay, you are losing some of the options then.

But wich are the posibilities,button pulse , button repeat and what else ? :shock:

Can't you simply send button press and button release as they happen? I've not programmed EPIC for many years, but surely the simplest button operations aren't pulsing and repeating? Even a pair of wires on a Game port can do better!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, you are losing some of the options then.

I have no chance to change anything in the IPC button section (?)

Can't you simply send button press and button release as they happen? I've not programmed EPIC for many years, but surely the simplest button operations aren't pulsing and repeating? Even a pair of wires on a Game port can do better!

Pete

Do you mean a button press and a button release (or toggle) for one turn of the rotarie ?, but if I need to adjust only one degree ?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean a button press and a button release (or toggle) for one turn of the rotarie ?, but if I need to adjust only one degree ?

On the rotaries I have each "click" sends eith a button down or button up, so I program both. If yours sends a complete pulse (down and up) for each click, then simply don't assign a control to the release.

Pete

On the rotaries I have each "click" sends eith a button down or button up, so I program both. If yours sends a complete pulse (down and up) for each click, then simply don't assign a control to the release.

Pete

Do you have an example code to see it ?

Do you have an example code to see it ?

Ernow you've lost me. Code for what? You don't mean EPIC I hope -- I've not programmed that for many years. I have a USB Epic but I just use the declarations provided to define all the axes as axes and all the possible buttons as buttons. Nothing more than declaring the interface to Windows as far as I recall. And I've not changed anything in that since the USB version first appeared!

There used to be some EPIC forums where you should get loads of help. Have you searched via Google?

Regards,

Pete