The simFlight Network Forums

Engines start eve Fuel Cutoff Switches are in off position

Hi Pete,

I´m using pmsystems (latest build 85) but my fuel levers don´t actually work as supposed.

The 2 HW switches (eng.1 and2) are connected via FSBus. I defined 2 "virtual buttons" in order to have them recognized in FSUIPC´s button page.

Then defined for the switches "on" position: mixt. eng1 (2) rich and for the "off" position: mixt. eng1(2) lean.

So far so good.

My problem: the switches work nicely(recognized in FSUIPC), but the engines start even the fuel valve switches are in "cutoff" position.

As soon as I turn the starter switch on the overhead to "Gnd" the light " Start valve open" on the Upper Eicas in PM GC comes on.

The engine spools up and ignites.

If i flip the Fuel lever switches to "Run" position the engine continues to run. (OK) Flipping it to "cutoff" the engine shuts down (OK).

I thought the start valve is driven by the fuel valve switch. How come that the light "start valve open" comes on as soon as the igniter switch is set to GND.

Do I need to set values for "rich" and "Lean" in FSUIPC?

Any hint highly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

Peter

I´m using pmsystems (latest build 85) but my fuel levers don´t actually work as supposed.

Actually the latest build is 86, as I am using here.

I thought the start valve is driven by the fuel valve switch. How come that the light "start valve open" comes on as soon as the igniter switch is set to GND.

No idea, sorry. You'll need to ask someone who knows about these things. Try the Project Magenta support forum, pmSystems section.

I think for use with PMsystems all your switches should operate pmSystems offsets, not FS directly.

However, I really cannot support pmSystems. Whenever I have a problem like that I ask in the PM support area. There are some clever folks there who understand all that stuff.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete,

Thomas Richter pointed me the right direction. You are right I have to use PMsystems offsets. In this case it´s the x0561A, Bit 0 and 1.

BTW I meant of course build 86.

Best rgds

Peter

Peter

The start valve is driven by bleed air not by the fuel valve switch

not to get into to much detail to start you turn the starter switch on the overhead to "Gnd" the light " Start valve open" on the Upper Eicas in PM GC comes on. bleed air is forced into the engine. The engine spools up

When the N2 reaches 21% you flip the Fuel lever switches to "Run" position the engine ignites