The simFlight Network Forums

Hi Pete !

A little question,I can add rain and snow to the sim without problems with my external application made in Visual Basic via FSUIPC and WideFS.

But when i stop the snow the textures in the scenery remains white.

Any suggestion?

Tks

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestion?

No idea, but I would presume that after a snowfall the ground is supposed to stay white. Maybe you could raise the temperature to try to melt it?

I really don't know anything about the graphics in FS. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

Any suggestion?

No idea, but I would presume that after a snowfall the ground is supposed to stay white. Maybe you could raise the temperature to try to melt it?

I really don't know anything about the graphics in FS. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

I tried increasing the temperature,but doesn't work,don't worry.

Tks Pete,good times in your hollidays ?

Well i have some news about this,I tried in and stand alone simulator (FS2002) I put snow then when all the ground was white i sop the snow.

The only way i found to take the white ground away was changing the season.

Then I did the same scenario but this time running my application and changing the season via FSUIPC , what I found is that the only things changed are the polygons of the scenery not the textured tiles. :?:

Then I did the same scenario but this time running my application and changing the season via FSUIPC , what I found is that the only things changed are the polygons of the scenery not the textured tiles. :?:

I think when you change seasons you need to send a "reload scenery" control afterwards. I'm not sure this exists in FS2002. I am really not in a position to deal with older sims much now.

Regards,

Pete

I think when you change seasons you need to send a "reload scenery" control afterwards. I'm not sure this exists in FS2002. I am really not in a position to deal with older sims much now.

Regards,

Pete

Yes,when the change is made from the sim menu the sceney reloads,i can see the progress bar,you are right.

Are there an offset to reload scenery ? ,mmmh I have to read the docs again :oops: I know,don't hit me

Are there an offset to reload scenery ?

No, but, at least in FS2004, there's a control for it, which can be sent via FSUIPC offset 3110 just like any other. I'm afraid I don't know if the control is there in FS2002 but I would think so. check the FSUIPC Keys/Buttons dropdown lists.

Regards,

Pete

Are there an offset to reload scenery ?

No, but, at least in FS2004, there's a control for it, which can be sent via FSUIPC offset 3110 just like any other. I'm afraid I don't know if the control is there in FS2002 but I would think so. check the FSUIPC Keys/Buttons dropdown lists.

Regards,

Pete

3110 says :

Operates a facility to send any ‘controls’ to Flight simulator. This works with all versions of FS & CFS. Write all 8 bytes for controls which use a value (axes and all _SET controls), but just 4 will do for ‘button’ types.This is really two 32-bit integers. The first contains the Control number (normally 65536 upwards), as seen in my FS Controls lists. The second integer is used for the parameter, such as the scaled axis value, where this is appropriate. Always write all 8 bytes in one IPC block if a parameter is used, as FSUIPC will fire the control when you write to 3110.Since version 3.40, FSUIPC-added controls (other than the offset ones) can be used via these offsets too. See the Advanced User’s Guide for a current list.

What should be wrote here ? :shock:

What should be wrote here ? :shock:

Why isn't it clear to you?

The control number goes to the first 32-bit word, any parameter (most have none) to the 2nd, written at the same time.

There's a list of controls supplied with FSUIPC (obscurely (?) called a "List of FS2004 controls") and there are also others downloadable from the usual places.

Please try to help yourself a little, and don't reprint my documents in replies to me. I do know what I wrote. If something is confusing you, why not explain what it is instead of wanting re-prints of existing things?

Regards,

Pete

Really I don't understand y only need to reload the scenery what have the aircraft controls to do here ?? :shock:

Aircraft controls? Who mentioned those?

Please just find the list of FS controls, scan down and find the one called "REFRESH SCENERY". It will have a number. Use it.

Are you a programmer? You don't seem to understand much so i hope this isn't an example of your programming. Sorry if I'm getting impatient with you, but if you refer back, my very first suggestion was to reload the scenery . remember? See this:

I think when you change seasons you need to send a "reload scenery" control afterwards.

It's actually called "refresh" rather than "reload", but it should have still been very easy for you to find if you'd bothered to look.

Regards,

Pete

Really I don't understand y only need to reload the scenery what have the aircraft controls to do here ?? :shock:

Aircraft controls? Who mentioned those?

Please just find the list of FS controls, scan down and find the one called "REFRESH SCENERY". It will have a number. Use it.

Are you a programmer? You don't seem to understand much so i hope this isn't an example of your programming. Sorry if I'm getting impatient with you, but if you refer back, my very first suggestion was to reload the scenery . remember? See this:

I think when you change seasons you need to send a "reload scenery" control afterwards.

It's actually called "refresh" rather than "reload", but it should have still been very easy for you to find if you'd bothered to look.

Regards,

Pete

Ok,ok I think that I can see the light now,sorry Pete I am not a programmer,I am trying to learn,and I don't want to get you impatient ,I'm very sorry. :oops:

Ok,ok I think that I can see the light now

Ah, great! ;-)

Good luck then. I hope I have not put you off asking more questions as you need to.

Regards

Pete

haha,be good Pete,don't hit me I am a poor dummy trying to learn

Thanks for your (almost) endless patience !! :roll:

I will do another question in a new thread...stand by..