The simFlight Network Forums

Engine oil pressure or high temperature

Pete As far as I know in FS98 adventures I can do this kind of failures with an engine,the problem is that if the aircraft involved has more than one engine the failure will be present in all of the engines that the acft has installed,so my question now is: Are there any way in FS2002 to put this failure in separated engines ??

Thans so much !

Pete As far as I know in FS98 adventures I can do this kind of failures with an engine,the problem is that if the aircraft involved has more than one engine the failure will be present in all of the engines that the acft has installed,so my question now is: Are there any way in FS2002 to put this failure in separated engines ??

Sorry, I don't really know any of that sort of stuff. I've provided mappings in FSUIPC for a number of failure types -- they are all I know of. I have never heard of specific types of engine failure, only a generic one. Check offset 0B6B -- I think you can fail individual engines.

If you are an ex-Adventure writer, have you considered using the replacement for APL, the ABL or whatever it is called?

Regards,

Pete

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I don't really know any of that sort of stuff. I've provided mappings in FSUIPC for a number of failure types -- they are all I know of. I have never heard of specific types of engine failure, only a generic one. Check offset 0B6B -- I think you can fail individual engines.

If you are an ex-Adventure writer, have you considered using the replacement for APL, the ABL or whatever it is called?

Regards,

Pete

I want to know if i can write in offset 0968 for example (Eng 2 Oil Qty) or is it a read only ?

Tks in advance

I want to know if i can write in offset 0968 for example (Eng 2 Oil Qty) or is it a read only ?

Most all of the low-offset values are read-only, derived from values elsewhere. You could try writing to, say, 3AA8 (oil leak percent) to change the oil quantity, but i'm not sure that will work either. When the sim engine is running most of these values are *results* not inputs, so your value will simply be overwritten on the next sim frame.

I'm hoping to be able to do a lot more in FSX and beyond. ;-)

Regards,

Pete

Most all of the low-offset values are read-only, derived from values elsewhere. You could try writing to, say, 3AA8 (oil leak percent) to change the oil quantity, but i'm not sure that will work either. When the sim engine is running most of these values are *results* not inputs, so your value will simply be overwritten on the next sim frame.

I'm hoping to be able to do a lot more in FSX and beyond. ;-)

Regards,

Pete

That's the point !

Tks Pete :wink:

You could try writing to, say, 3AA8 (oil leak percent) to change the oil quantity, but i'm not sure that will work either

Pete

(I have declared the var as double and write 0 or 1 to change the state using VB6,I know you don't understand the Visual Basig Logic anyway)

Pete i try to write this offset (3AA8) and it works,but i have 2 problems,first the change is the oil pressure not the quantity,that's ok, the worst is that when I have the low pressure failure active I cannot shutdown the engine from the Epic.

I can do it from my external application writing offset (0928) but it is not the best way

Any idea ? :?

(I have declared the var as double and write 0 or 1 to change the state using VB6,I know you don't understand the Visual Basig Logic anyway)

Er, why "state" as 0 and 1. Oil leak persent will not be a BOOLEAN on/off think, it's the amount of oil leaked as a percent or proportion of the total capacity.

Writing 0.0 will presdumably give you 100% full, and writing 1.0 may either give you 99% full (100% - 1% leaked), or totally empty, depending on whether MS really mean "per cent" when they say so, or, as is often the case, mean "fraction" 9so 0.5 is a half, etc).

first the change is the oil pressure not the quantity

I should think the oil pressure would drop to zero if you leaked 100% of the oil. But it certainly says it is the oil leak percent.

the worst is that when I have the low pressure failure active I cannot shutdown the engine from the Epic. I can do it from my external application writing offset (0928) but it is not the best way

Why can you do things from your application but not from EPIC? Surely if you cut off the fuel the engine shuts down? That's what you are doing writing to 0928 -- it's the same as using the mixture control and pulling it back to full lean. How can it not?

Pete

I should think the oil pressure would drop to zero if you leaked 100% of the oil. But it certainly says it is the oil leak percent.

Certainly,No oil = no oil pressure ,but in this case the only change when writting this offset is the oil pressure,the oil quantity remains always the same.

Why can you do things from your application but not from EPIC? Surely if you cut off the fuel the engine shuts down? That's what you are doing writing to 0928 -- it's the same as using the mixture control and pulling it back to full lean. How can it not?

Finally i wrote 0.7 to get a "red" indication in the instrument ,in this case I can shutdown the engine from Epic.if I write 0.9 I cannot shutdown the engine from Epic (0.9 means less pressure),believe or not

With Epic i pulse a button that trigger the mixture lean in the FS config to shutdown the engine,simple.

Certainly,No oil = no oil pressure ,but in this case the only change when writting this offset is the oil pressure,the oil quantity remains always the same.

Hmmm. That is strange. Does the change you make read back?

Pete

Really strange,sorry Pete what do you mean with "read back" ?

Really strange,sorry Pete what do you mean with "read back" ?

Does the value you write to the offset read back the same as you wrote (e.g. looking at it in FSInterrogate, or in FSUIPC's monitor)?

Pete

Dunno,i have to check it,but any value i put there always affect the pressure,never the quantity,anyway is ok for me !