The simFlight Network Forums

Hardware MCP with Jetliner Console??

What, if anything, do I need to do in order to use a hardware MCP with the PFC Jetliner console? Would it cause any hardware conflicts?

I don't see why. I'm not sure why you even ask me.

The PFC MCP can be used separately (direct to the PM MCP program), or in line with the console (the latter connects to it) with my PFC.DLL.

If you mean other makes of MCP, what possible interaction could they have with the PFC gear? Certainly my PFC driver doesn't touch them, so it depends what software you are using, doesn't it?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I asked you because you wrote the .dll. :wink:

It would not be a PFC MCP, but another brand. I just wanted to make sure, before I invest a large sum of money, that I won't have any issues with the hardware MCP that already exist on the Jetliner console fighting with another MCP. I figured they would just exist in parallel, and making changes on either one would command FS. A hardware MCP driving PM's MCP software on a wideclient would presumably be no differen than me operating the PM MCP sofware with a mouse on the wideclient machine.

I was reasonably sure it wouldn't be a problem, but I've been surprised with things before..... And usually after I invested money in something.

I just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Thanks,

Steve

I just wanted to make sure, before I invest a large sum of money, that I won't have any issues with the hardware MCP that already exist on the Jetliner console fighting with another MCP. I figured they would just exist in parallel, and making changes on either one would command FS.

Yes. Only axes controlling the same function can conflict really -- switches and dials would be simply dormant until used.

In any case, if you have a user-registered FSUIPC you can re-program the MCP functions on the Jetliner to do other things for you.

A hardware MCP driving PM's MCP software on a wideclient would presumably be no differen than me operating the PM MCP sofware with a mouse on the wideclient machine.

Well, it should be better, of course, more realistic and more fun! ;-)

Regards,

Pete