The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC & ActiGate

The SDK document for Actigate.dll says that there is an FSUIPC freeware key for the module, but a search hasn't shown anything on this site.

The author did apply for a Key and was issued one back in August 2004. When this occurs, I always assume that they are following the FSUIPC SDK documentation and building the key into their product. The list of freeware keys in this Forum is only for those programs no longer maintained or supported and therefore which didn't get the keys built in.

Since there have been no other such questions in the 21 months since the key was issued I can only assume either that the DLL is rarely used or that the key is, indeed, programmed in correctly.

Haven't you even tried it?

Regards,

Pete

Yes, I tried it of course, but it is part of an airport scenery I have installed and there is no documentation at all, even on a Google search, as to what this module actually does; I have no idea therefore what I am supposed to be looking for. I thought perhaps if it was not registered, it wouldn't be doing anything at all -, but I guess you are right in that it is automatically registered with FSUIPC on installation.

M.

... I guess you are right in that it is automatically registered with FSUIPC on installation.

If it wasn't you'd probably get an error message. But you can check in the FSUIPC Log to see if it says it registered okay -- things like that are logged there.

Regards,

Pete