The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 crash

Hello Peter,

I believed this is the 2nd time I brought this problem to you but forgot what the solution was. Just a few minutes ago when starting my FS9, the notification pops up stating that I have duplicate old FSUIP version and to get rid of it in the module folder of FS9.....and the bad thinkg is my FS9 crashed!!

Q: Why did I got the notification?

How can I prefent it happend again?

Where is the best place to put the FSUIP program? (in the FS9 module

folder?)

If I want to delete the previous version in my computer what need to

be done?

Peter I hope you can give me the answers and I just purchased the payware version from Simmarket.

Thank you

Hashry

hash@cbn.net.id

Jakarta Indonesia

I believed this is the 2nd time I brought this problem to you but forgot what the solution was. Just a few minutes ago when starting my FS9, the notification pops up stating that I have duplicate old FSUIP version and to get rid of it in the module folder of FS9.....and the bad thinkg is my FS9 crashed!

Q: Why did I got the notification?

There are only two possibilities. Either there are two FSUIPC's installed, possible one with a different name, or you have had FS9 running before and it hung on termination (though the window disappeared), so that, in fact, it and FSUIPC are still running when you try to start FS9 again.

To check the latter, do Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the Task Manager, and look in the Processes list for "FS9.exe". If it is there, delete it (select it and use the button bottom right).

If this is the case then you have some add-in program (DLL or Gauge) which is misbehaving -- i.e. not termininating correctly when you close FS. You'll need to find out which it is (by trial and error) and either remove it or see if a fixed update is available. Early versions of ActiveCamera for FS9 did this, but that was fixed a long time ago.

Where is the best place to put the FSUIP program? (in the FS9 module folder?)

Only in the FS modules folder. Make sure you don't have one in the main FS folder.

If I want to delete the previous version in my computer what need to be done?

Delete FSUIPC.DLL. Then you don't have one. If you are merely updating it you don't need to delete, just copy the new one into the modules folder.

If you have ever renamed it, you need to find the renamed copies and delete those. Never rename it.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks you for the re[ly adn input.

If this is the case then you have some add-in program (DLL or Gauge) which is misbehaving -- i.e. not termininating correctly when you close FS. You'll need to find out which it is (by trial and error) and either remove it or see if a fixed update is available. Early versions of ActiveCamera for FS9 did this, but that was fixed a long time ago. 

How can I prevent this to happen, since you never know when downloading an add-on which one is save and which one isn't.?

I installed the registered FSUIPC will this help preventing those above cases.

Thanks and regards,

Hashry Adijan

hash@cbn.net.id

How can I prevent this to happen, since you never know when downloading an add-on which one is save and which one isn't.?

Sorry, it is trial and error. If it does it with defauilt aircraft loaded (and loaded as default -- i.e. change the default, close down, then reload) then it must be an add-in DLL. Remove each one in turn and re-test each time. If it doesn't happen with a default aircraft then it is something to do with one of the others you fly.

I installed the registered FSUIPC will this help preventing those above cases.

No. Registering FSUIPC changes nothing for accredited programs -- all registration does is give you access to all of the FSUIPC user options. There's only one version, not a registered and an unregistered version. And FSUIPC isn't causing the problem in the first place. FS9.EXE isn't terminating correctly because something you've added won't let it.

Regards,

Pete